So, do I look ready to begin our adventure in Oregon? I have to admit I missed my little monkeys as soon as we got off the plane, but we had business to get to (and a little fun)!

These are the trees in down town Hillsboro right next to the Farmers Market. I kept waiting for those little Keebler Elves to pop out with some fudge cookies!

We wanted to familiarize ourselves with the local court house since odds are we'll probably be spending some time here in the future!!! (What??? You know, cause I'm sure one of our boys will be an attorney or judge or something completely and totally legal!)

This was so beautiful! If you look closely you can see big white flowers on the tree.

This is the university in Forest Grove where Eddie might work. It is a beautiful small town, but when I say small, I mean no shopping, no REAL grocery stores (you know, ones that don't end or begin with Wiggly or Uncle Bob's), and when we first drove in there was a man strolling down the street in a Scottish kilt and there was no parade or funeral folks! Later we saw same said man standing with a woman (who I'd bet didn't shave her armpits) holding picket signs about the war. Other then that it was really neat, but needless to say, we would live in Hillsboro which is only a 20 minute drive for Eddie. It has all the qualities of Green Valley/The District that we love and not as many fashion or hygiene crimes.

There are tons of farms, orchards, and green houses all along the way where you can pick your own, or buy fresh picked fruit, veggies, flowers, etc. And even though Eddie won't admit to the fact that the Roloff Farm, of "Little People Big World" is just outside Hillsboro, and that's what got him wanting to move here in the first place, I won't hold it against him.

This is the view from the freeway IN Portland! I still can't get over all the trees and GREEN! *Bonus - there's a Zoo and awesome children's museum for those rainy days - well, MONTHS!

And you know it wouldn't be a proper trip without checking out the local NBA action! They had Eddie at Hello!

A little Farmer's Market time in old down town Hillsboro. They had the freshest produce, honey, meats and bouquets of flowers for cheep prices! And this was the day that the news kept saying that it was a scorcher - a whoppin 93 degrees!!!

Okay, I think I could do this!

Down town Portland at their Farmer's Market. Even more vendors, music and people (some of which could've benefited from a good-ol stick of deodorant!), but everyone here seemed really friendly and nice.

This is how a lot of the streets looked and we're not talking about planned master communities either. Just the side of the road greenery.

More freeway pictures in portland. I must say this is right up there with New Zealand pretty!

Me and my hubby - proof we were really there together! (Hey, look no car seats or crumbs on the leather!)

Now that's a big ol tree! I thought these only existed in fairy tales and The Lord of the Rings!

Yes - your eyes are seeing correctly, that is not computer generated, it is a BLUE cooler! Oh and did you notice the Pirate standing on top? AARRRRR! Who better to view the booty of the market while waiting for his ship (or light rail train) to come in. Did I mention there are some characters in Oregon? And for those of you just dying to know the photographer - this is another Eddie original - Watch out Andy Worhol!!!

So, this was our trip in a nut shell! There is no doubt that Oregon is jaw dropping beautiful, the pace of life is slower and calmer, and the people seem genuinely friendly, but Vegas is Home! We had a great time, saw a lot, did a lot, laughed a lot, and had/have a lot to consider. Eddie aced the interview - 100%, so now it's a matter of thought and prayer. Thanks to my sisters, mom and Karl for taking such great care of my 3 treasures! We couldn't have gone without you - now if you could all just pack up your whole lives and move with us I won't ask for ANOTHER SINGLE THING!




4 comments:
"some of which could've benefited from a good-ol stick of deodorant"!
You CRACK me up.
Indeed Oregon is a beaut~~what to do, what to do? We are all hanging on by our fingernails to find out what you and Eddie decide! Good luck with the negotiations.
You will SO have to tell us what you are deciding to do! Not that it is any of our business... but we just HAVE to know! It looks very pretty there... the people, um, not so sure about them:-) Good luck with EVERYTHING!
la ana, those pictures look sooo...beautiful. i know it is going to be a tough decision. we are all waiting to hear what that decison is going to be...NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING!!!!(j/k)
Glad to see that you had a great trip. It is very beautifil up there. Regardless of what you say I think you will still ask for something even if they moved up there with you.
Post a Comment