Monday, August 24, 2009

A Stroll in the Park.....

Back on the street and in the action....
Radio City
I never have photos of me so I think I more then made up for that on this trip.
See, more photos with ME in them!
Incase you were wondering where we were....
Central Park is AMAZING!
There are different structures, buildings, sculptures, gardens, flowers and paths everywhere you turn. 
A beautiful time of year to come, although it was a bit muggy.
Loved all the art work and sculptures around the park....
This bridge was awesome. The inside had beautiful brick red tiling inside.
(If only my camera was better you might be able to see the detail better)
I told the boys we went to Narnia's lamp post after they cleared out some of the brush, and added a convenient walking path....
This is the exact spot that Aniva and David took one of their wedding photos!
This was one of my very favorite spots by Belvedere Castle. I love the reflection of the sky in the water....
The small stair cases inside the castle were another story! You see, clearly they didn't factor in people with less then small feet. (Stop laughing Karl!!!) I think I almost bit it 2 or 3 times. I truly have a better appreciation for hand rails now.
More of the castle....
A medieval version of a polynesian hut....
Gorgeous flowers
We had a wonderful day relaxing and taking in Central Park. It was peaceful and calm, and I can see why it's so popular especially as a getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. 
I see why Aniva and David wanted to be married there, and I'm thankful I was able to share in memory lane with my little sis....
And make a few of our own memories while we were there!

2 comments:

Sia said...

Thanks for sharing the photos sis--it makes me feel like I was on the trip...only without all the laughs and a few "Olive Garden" moments! ha ha ha! Oh, and Karl is glad you didn't fall, too. Keep the photos coming! Love ya!

Brad and Leslie said...

I am sooooo jealous!!! I love NYC -I WILL live there after my kids are all gone! No Yankee game?!