Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New York, New York Day #1.....

So the day finally came and I was off to NYC
I couldn't wait to go and be with my sister, though leaving my boys was hard to do, especially since Teni kept saying if I was his friend I wouldn't leave him :(
I guess 9 days is a long time to be away from a little guy who hasn't been apart from me for more then 3!
Sorry, but momma had a ticket in hand, money in pocket, a sister waiting and fun to be had....

We stayed here and it was a great place in the middle of it all.
So after we were situated and settled we were off to explore.
I thought this sign would have had holes in it, burn marks, hang'n ropes attached and maybe even a few blood stains,
but nope - good as new!
All the lights and signs reminded me of home!
And of course I had to snap a shot in front of (what was once) Virgin records for so many years, but sadly is no more....
And naturally "I don't wanna grow up cause I'm a ToyRUs kid" so Time Square is the perfect place to play in the 3 story store....
Time Square!
You never know who you'll run into there as well....
Like Dora......
and her PIMP!!!
You see, Dora is a friendly little Latina when you're supporting her handbag obsession by tossing her a buck or two! Oh, but don't even think about trying to snap her photo without paying cause then you'll get DIVA Dora....
It was either comforting or concerning knowing that there was a Police Department right in the midst of Time Square - not sure which yet.
But we had absolutely no problems and never felt afraid, even when getting my
 "Booty danced on" 
by a complete stranger! 
How can you not have the time of your life in the company of your best friend and sister? 
We missed Sia a lot but made sure to party in her name too! Next time sis, we all go.

So much fun..... and this was only day 1!
Niva, where to begin? Amazing is all that comes to mind, along with a few other phrases that we'll keep private ;)
So here's to my first night in NYC!!!

4 comments:

Sia said...

I'm so glad you both had a good time, and you're right- next time I'm going!! I can't wait to see photos from the other 8 days- but you have to tell us more about having your "booty danced on"!! :) love ya both!!!

Kristi said...

I'm glad you had a great time I really need to do a trip like that someday!

Heidi said...

Wow, I have always wanted to go to NYC! I am so glad that you had a good time! Can't wait to see more pictures, and hear more about your trip!!

GHFamily said...

You make me want to get on a plane and leave for NYC immediately!