When going to New York there are a few MUST SEE destinations.
This being another one of them....

And who wouldn't want to check out Grand Central Station?

There are amazing drawings on the ceiling of the constellations, but my stupid camera really stinks and I could get figure out which setting to switch to, so just pretend you can see the beauty.

Grand was a good term for the windows....


After a nice little subway ride we were ready to visit the mother of all destinations for New York.....
Lady Liberty!

There's a lot to see and take in at Battery Park, like this sculpture. When seeing this for the first time all I could think was, "Wow, you'd think they'd take better care of their art especially because so many from around the world come to this destination."

Then we walked around and saw there was much more to it then first meets the eye.

And this truly says it all....

Such a powerful image that says so much when you really look at it.

Beautiful....

Now of course surrounding all the monuments, sculptures, art, and beauty are the tourist traps.
One thing came to mind when I stepped up to this guy and he states a price in my ear. Freedom isn't free..... and neither is a photo with the Statue of Liberty named Juan!

But when in Rome.....

More neat monuments reminding us of all those who pay the highest price for freedom and democracy.

Simply moving.

Beautiful

Drum roll.....
And there she is, in all her Glory! Can you spot her?
Well, you see the line just to buy tickets was an hour or more wait and then there was another line to board the ferry. So in true Fau style and patience, Aniva and I took one look and said, "Well come back tomorrow after we buy tickets online at the hotel!"
(I felt my Dad there at that moment, laughing at us.)

So as we rested in the park and watched a boy wearing a foam crown feeding the flying rats, I never felt more proud to be an American!

And grateful for another special day filled with priceless feelings and memories.

Here's to tomorrow!




4 comments:
Looks like it was a neat day. I'm glad you got to see so much in your short stay...and that you can share it with us!! Only in American can you have your picture taken with an American Icon named "Juan"-- I love it :)
That was so much fun and we were way better off going back the next day. But you forgot to mention that almost everywhere we went you were buying something :) So even that day you didn't leave empty handed! Haha!
Hey, what a beautiful girl you are in those glasses! Yo mama must be so proud of that photo!!!!! I am so excited to have this computer I love you sis, I will write you and the boys later, luv MOM
WOW is all I can say about the 911 Memorial, WOW!
Post a Comment