Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Final Day!

Our last day in New york was busy and full. I didn't want to miss anything, especially time with my sister.
Time Square one more time....
Loved seeing the firefighters and the respect and admiration everyone had for them. Walking by the firehouses and seeing their memorials honoring those they lost was very touching.
Then, surprisingly enough, we were able to have a tribute moment in the oddest of places....
That's right Daddy, this one's for you....
And we were even on Fox news with none other then the King himself, Elvis!
Thought you'd appreciate that one..... 
"You're welcome, you're welcome very much!"
Once we had our moment of fame we were back for our appointment with Lady Liberty, but not before feeding the squirrels....
All I kept thinking was that I was gonna be that girl on the local news who was attacked by rabid squirrels and now is missing an eye or finger! But no worries, they were just squirrels look'n for their nuts....
Then we were off on the ferry after NOT having to wait in the horribly long lines. So nice the conveniences of modern technology accompanied by laziness!
What a gorgeous day to see such a sight....
She alone is totally worth a trip there (but the shopping certainly doesn't hurt). 
I have so many shots it was hard to choose which ones to post.
Love this look. 
A moment in time that I'll never forget!
Just thinking about all whose eyes have looked upon Her as they sought freedom, liberty, and the American Dream was moving.
Plus, if she can stand there day after day, year after year, rain or shine, through times of peace and war......
in FLIP FLOPS
(or as like to refer to them as my S.U.B.'s = Samoan Utility Boots)
then so can I!!!
So with one last look and a thankful heart for an amazing experience, we said goodbye to Her.
And then that eventually led to me saying goodbye to her....
My sibling, my sister, my friend.
Words can't ever say just what her love and friendship mean to me. Or what a comfort it is knowing that there is someone who gets and understands me without reason or explanation. She will always be my little sister, but I am so proud of the woman she is today.
Thanks for the memories and the unforgettable trip!
Then after leaving behind half of my heart, I was able to find the other....
And life was brighter....
And my love was fuller....
So goodnight New York. Thanks for the memories. Until next time we'll continue making new ones....
*** I'm so extremely blessed to have a husband who supports and loves me, and who I never worried about how my boys would be taken care of. In fact they've never eaten so well! I couldn't have been more blessed then to have a friend and spouse like him. Thank you for the trip as well, you're a one of a kind and you're all MINE!

2 comments:

Sia said...

What a great trip...wish I could have been there! I'm glad to see you two had such a good time. Oh, and nice squirrel comment-- classic Ana :)

So NOW will you put up school/soccer pics of the boys????

Brad and Leslie said...

I am so jealous. I LOVE NYC!!! It sounds like you girls had a great time.