Yesterday there was a huge scare in our community, ward, and friend's lives. A 9 year old little boy who is in our ward and my primary, and Drake's friend in his class went missing for about 9 hours up in the forest. A bunch of us went out and assisted the search party. It was cold, dark, wet, and extremely foggy out there. He had no jacket or supplies as he had wondered off and gotten lost earlier in the day. I remember as I walked, calling his name my heart was breaking for his mother and him. All I kept thinking was what if this was Drake? What would he be doing, thinking, feeling? Drake was so upset when he found out. The first thing he did was say a prayer right there in the hall. I realized that when there is nothing we can do, when our efforts just don't seem to be enough there is ALWAYS prayer. The most important tool we have and what a comfort to know that I have at least taught my son enough to know that.
Around close to midnight his, and our, prayers were answered and Joseph was found. He was about 2 miles from the house they were visiting and he was unharmed.
It is in moments like those when you get a chance to be reminded of the precious gift that life is, that faith is, that the power of prayer and love has.
I am so thankful for a happy ending to this story and the opportunity it gave me to be awakened once again to the frailness of life and to love deeper those around me.
2 comments:
LaAna, Holy cow! I am so glad that they found that little boy! He must have been SO scared! I can't even imagine what I would do if one of my girls went missing! The power of prayer is amazing... God was surely watching over him that night.
Ana, it doesn't matter how many years go by .. as a mother you still have all of the feelings that you had when your kids were small ... to protect and to serve and to love them with all of yourself and hope that one day they will be that kind of mother you tried to be... congrats you have succeeded! I am glad that they found their little boy.. and that you have also found greater love and thanks for yours...lol mom
Post a Comment