because every time he turns around....

I realize he's not that tiny, first child, born a month early, who made me a mother, little boy anymore....

He'll be ten years old in a few more hours, and as I said goodnight to him I realized a few things.
I realized that some how I had been blessed WAY beyond what I deserve....
That I have been trusted with such a special spirit to raise and teach and love, and yet I feel like I can learn so much more from him....
I realized that all the best things that this life has to offer is found in the big, brown eyes of a boy....
Who is growing so quickly into a respectable, honest, valiant, caring, strong young man. The kind of son a mother dreams of ....
And it was then that I realized that my life has never felt so complete, so full of purpose, so exalted, then being able to have HIM call me his mom.
So Happy Birthday my sweet Drake.

May you always know just how much I love you and just how thankful I am for the blessing you are in my life!
*** The professional photos were taken by Anndee Jorgenson, and I love them!***




8 comments:
happy birthday drake! i can't believe it, 10 years old!! hope you have the best birthday!!!
What a sweet post, it's so hard when the oldest gets older, at least for me anyway, Tanner will be 12 this year and I can't believe it! I hope Drake has a wonderful bithday and he is such a hansome little boy....once they turn 10 you can't say "cute" anymore!(at least that's what Tanner says)LOL!!:)
I love all of my nephews, but I have to say Drake has a soft spot in my heart. He is the type of kid I can only pray for. He is the most well mannered, considerate, giving, and innocent child that I have ever met. I was so happy that I was able to spend some quality time with just him this last trip and I was honestly amazed by that young man that he is becoming. You and Eddie are doing an perfect job with your boys (ok, Drake and Guy! HAHA) I am proud to be his aunt and both David and I can’t help but gush about how good he is. I only regret that I don’t get to see him as much as I would like. I love you Drakie Noodle, with all my heart :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRAMMIE'S GRANDSON WHO MADE HER A GRAMMIE..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO... YOUUUUUUUU!!! WOW NOODLE... 10 YEARS OLD ALREADY WHY THAT IS NOT TRUE... GRAMMIE IS ONLY 29!!! HEEHEEI THINK I AM THE MOSEST.. BLESEST GRAMMIE IN THE WHOLE WORLD TO HAVE A GRANSON LIKE YOU... I LOVE IT WHEN I CALL AND I ASK YOU WHAT DO YOU NEED AND YOU SAY... JUST YOU GRAMMIE!! WELL ALL I NEEDIS A GREAT GRANDSON LIKE YOU.. SO HAPPY HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY .. LOVE YOU MORE THAN EVERYTHING!!
Drakie Noddle... Happy Birthday to my main man!! We first borns need to stick together!!! And congratulations to you, Ana and Eddie, for doing such a great job in raising a great boy who is closer to being a great man with every passing day. Love you :)
You left out the part about what a handsome boy Drake is!
Thanks everyone for your well wishes and kind comments. If you only could've seen his face glow when I read your remarks! He is a very Happy birthday boy!
Post a Comment