I'll be an elderly woman, like the one we went and sang to with all the cub scouts at Christmas time at the retirement home. The sweet looking, silver haired lady with the festive reindeer sweater, little walker, and big smile. The peaceful grandma who during our rendition of Jingle Bells.....
ripped her own "jingle" loud and clear for the whole room to hear, and didn't bat an eye!
Ahhhh, to be at that place in life where bust'n a grumpy for all to hear causes no concern. Or to be that senile that you don't even know you did it, either way, life will be good!
Yes, one day in the future (if I'm blessed to live that long) I will be an old lady who won't care if my basement is a little leaky, or even if my boobs talk to my ankles when I stand up, as long as I have fresh dentures and clean polyester pants. Okay well hopefully at least a soft cotton blend.
I guess I'm realizing, more and more each day, that time is still flying by, and if I'm lucky enough to make it through with half my marbles and my crazy old man sitting next to me.... then that's OK by me!




5 comments:
Just so you know I was the one that deleted the comment!
I remember singing in the old folks home also... it always smelled funny:-/ Anyway, you crack me up!
I laughed till I had an accident(haha). Love reading about your cute family..also hearing about your mom once in a while.~M~
It's good to have goals in life... I can totally see you as that little old lady one day :) Love ya!
You'll be the old lady doing the splits in the middle of the room, waiving pom poms. Age is relative!
Post a Comment