Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Eddie!





So today is Eddie's 33rd birthday and I have never felt so completely happy! Words will never be able explain just what he means to me, or just how much he loves me, or how he keep us forever young, or how he is the most active father in his boys lives, or how he finds joy in simply being with us, or how he is never ever selfish, or how he loves romantic movies, or how much he loved my Dad and has all of his great qualities, or how he still cracks up when seeing that picture of the two men sleeping outside the building (see picture below), or how he has the nerve to even walk up and take the picture in the first place, or how he loves me being at home with the boys, or how he calls me all day long just to see how I'm doing, or how he has taken my Mom under his wing since Dad passed, or how for no reason at all he'll burst into song (or rap), or how he is completely loyal - be it to his sports team or family, or how you never know what he's going to say, or how he's totally ok with being the boys classroom helper and making princess crowns, or how he makes 10 years of marriage feel like a walk on the beach!!!! 
(Ok, so maybe I could explain in more then a few words a little how I feel!) 
Thanks for giving me the world, and loving me beyond it. I wish you nothing but love and laughs today and always - Happy Birthday!!!

6 comments:

Chuckie said...

Happy Birthday Eddie! Dang he is getting old.

NivaBetta said...

Happy Birthday Eddie!! It has been wonderful having you as a brother and I am going to miss you when you guys move, but knowing that you're the one who is going to be taking care of my sister and nephews makes my concerns melt away :) I love ya big Brother

Heidi said...

You are so cute LaAna! I hope that Eddie has a nice birthday! From what it sound like he is a wonderful Dad, hubby, and brother - in -law!

Jerolyn said...

what a sweet tribute to Eddie!

Sia said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Eduardo!! Love your sis,
Sia

Gini said...

That was an awesome post. How touching for you to write all of that down!! BTW - I typically turn the music off when reading blogs, but I am a huge Jack Johnson fan - nice choice, girl!