skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Okay, I am in need of a little help from ALL 3 of you who might read this! Have you or anyone you know lived in or visited Portland, Oregon? My hubby and I are really considering moving there soon, but I would love a little perspective from anyone who can give it on Portland and it's surrounding areas. There's a great job opening in Forest Grove (just outside Portland) and they want him to interview. I'm a born and raised Vegas girl and am kind of liking the idea of somewhere else, but that's easier said then done! PLEASE any insight you might have would be awesome! Thanks
10 comments:
Oh man I'd hate to see you go but I hear Oregon is BEAUTIFUL!!!
I have no comment on Portland, but you busted my chops about not leaving a comment, so hence this comment. I have never been to Portland, but I have been to Seattle-- it was nice, green, lots of trees (made me feel a bit closed it). I have no clue if Portland is anything like Seattle, other then they are both green, but there you go, that's my comment! Karl has an uncle who lives in Portland and he loves it. On a more personal note, it would break my heart to see you go, but I love you sis and only want what is best for you-- even if it means you kill me in the process, but hey, it's all about you! ha ha ha! just teasing. Love ya!
I know you have to do what's best for your family and I support your decision no matter what, but I must say.. I'm still crying. I love you Sis and Eddie! And I love your boys like they were my own. I will miss you more then you could imagine.
Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I have seen or talked to you!! I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment on your blog;-)
Your boys are so cute! I just had my 3rd girl! Anyway, I am glad to see you are all doing well.
I have never been to Portland, but we did live in Missouri for about 3 years( that is where my hubby went to Physical Therapy school) Anyway, it was nice to be somewhere different... BUT we did not have ANY family there. It was VERY hard to not be around family. We missed them a lot. Holly and her little family just moved to Denver... and I miss her SO much! BUT you have to do what is best for your family:-) Talk to you later. (sorry for the long comment)
Ana, this is Jessie. what up? we need to add you guys on our blog list thing (i don't know what it's called, em does it). it just so happens Emily is from p-town. that place is really, really, beautiful. just solid green everywhere and opposite of dried up vegas. you should talk to her about it. we're going to be there in September to go crabbing. we miss you guys and i cant believe how big drake and guy are getting, gosh dang! they're huge. anyway, seriously we love you guys. you can always move up here to iceburg, idaho (it snowed today, thats right, in the middle of june, it SNOWED!) we're ready for some warmth. so much for all that global warming B.S. al gore, ha. which reminds me, if you're really thinking about portland, then get used to liberals, there's tons in portland.
ok, enough ranting from me. good to hear from ya, lots of loves
-the Smith's
Bill has been and loves it. One thing to remember is Las Vegas is always A GREAT place to visit. Sometimes I think it would be great to live somewhere else and VISIT here.....If working there makes for a better quality of life - you can't NOT consider it, right??? That's actually how we ended up here from Connecticut.
Thanks everyone for your help and insight. It's awesome to hear from my cousin and friend that I haven't spoken to in some time. And Gini you're right about the "visiting" thing. At least I have amazing family and friends to come back to, but that's what also makes it hard to leave! We'll have to wait and see what happens, thanks guys!
I saw you had a blog from Sia's so I thought I'd check it out. So funny, I almost went to college in Forest Grove! I never visited but the pictures I got were beautiful. But I did not want to be that far from my family. Sia is right on feeling closed in...everything here is so flat and open that when you go places that are all green with that many trees it's just different. Good luck with your decision. You have a beautiful family and boys are the best! (I have three as well.)
So I'm just following everyone else around as we find more people that blog. What a great discovery. You would probably love portland. It is beautiful, and rainy, but lots to do and see. What is prompting the move?
Hey Steph! It's great to hear from you. Well, to answer your question, we always thought of moving one day and we knew it would be somewhere on the west coast. With Eddie having a job that is in high demand, we are able to pretty much pick where ever we want to go, so the right opportunity has come up that would put us in a great financial and long term retirement situation. Also, the beauty of the place doesn't hurt as well as all the sports team to watch and outdoor activities. We'll see what happens!
Post a Comment