So while boxing and de-junking the house I finally had to say goodbye to a few things whose time had come, and some whose had come a LONG time ago! You know what I'm talk'n about folks. We all have those items that are not exactly our "taste" or don't really fit the look we're going for, or are just flat out butt-ugly, but someone special gave us the item we're holding onto. Yeah, well I have 2 such items in particular that are haunting me and I am saying "Long Enough!" Behold item #1....
Didn't get a good enough view or light, no worries here's another shot....
Yes, that is a silk flower arrangement that embodies some of the brightest colors in the rainbow! Why might you ask have I held onto this beauty? Well, my sweet Dad, that's why! (He's been gone now for 3 1/2 years.) When I had Guy, OH 6 YEARS AGO, he brought this gift for me to the hospital in one hand, and this tucked under his arm for his newest grandson Guy.....
That has to be the craziest looking stuffed Saint Bernard EVER? So strange looking that when it was in the hospital room on the floor the first night, a nurse came in to check my blood pressure and screeched at the sight of it. And of course Guy loves it and won't donate it. Even the dog has bonded with the darn thing!*Hey, light bulb moment - I should save the flowers to give to my sister as a "Something Old" gift for her wedding, and they were from Dad so she might feel the same obligation to keep them as I did - I know, misery loves to share tacky company.





4 comments:
Ana how could you? I remeber when he bought those for you! He was so happy and excited! Wow! (Do you feel guilty now? HAHA!)
NO, I don't feel guilty! 6 years is long enough. I should go and put them on his grave so anyone visiting can enjoy the beauty as well (I'll even put YOUR name on them)....
I really think you should give them to sia. I think she might like them in her condo. HaHa.. Our dads dont have the best fashion sense and we inherited our the Hamiltion Pack rat syndrome from out mothers. We feel the need to collect everything and keep it all because just one day we might use.. One day being a hundred yrs from now.. Love ya
This post cracked me up! Mary was telling me all about this post and how funny she found it.
Post a Comment