Today in primary Sister Hansen was teaching sharing time and she asked all the children in junior primary what a chain is used for?
Instantly Guy's hand shot up into the air with wide eyes and a knowledgeable grin.
I was sitting up at the front of the room (everyone facing me) behind Sister Hansen, so of course I could seen my son's quick response.
Since he was the first, and the most enthusiastic child to raise his hand she picked him to answer.
"Okay Guy, what is a chain used for?"
And this was MY child, the primary president's son's answer....
"For slavery! Like if you want to make someone your slave."
Oh-boy! I think I set the record for the fastest time a person has ever turned bright red. Our chorister was dying of laughter and poor Sister Hansen was speechless. She just quickly moved on to the next kid with their hand up.
Technically it wasn't a wrong answer, just not one you expect to hear during your Sunday lesson.

Good thing he's so cute cause his looks might have to get him out of some jams in the future.




7 comments:
Guy is just more sophisticated then most kids his age! Chains are used to bind and were used on slaves- though introducing the topic of slavery to jr primary may have been a bit premature! At least he didn't say that's what you use when you put Teni in time out--- there's an idea for you!
There is nothing wrong with that answer. It just shows that he thinks outside of the box and that he has a high I.Q.
Hahahaha...... Those are SUCH aunt responses! I wish you were here to share in the crazy stuff that happens around here. I really miss you!
I miss you too! There are no little boys to swim with and hug and kiss and spoil--- no Eddie to cook good us yummy food and tease and laugh at--- and no YOU to lean on and cry with and laugh with and remind me of how good life is!!
That is so stinking funny! Does it have to happen at church though??? That is the worst place for a mom to turn the brightest shade of red, for sure!
That is awesome! I get off the wall answers like that so much, but that's what makes Sharing Time so fun, right?!
I love it! He reminds me of my Matty:)
Post a Comment