Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Surprise they'll never forget!

Saturday, June 27th we took the boys into Portland and whatta ya know we got a call from the airport (wink, wink) saying that something was left of ours. So we told the boys we were going to stop by and pick it up. Little did they know that the package was arriving just for them....
Grammie Fau!
And you know only my mom would have a big 4th of July bow stuck to her chest as she came off the plane. The boys were SHOCKED to say the least. The look on their faces was priceless!
So our adventure began with Mom here and nothing but fun to be had!
So we kicked it off with some fire pit treats....
YUMMY!
"Aren't you gonna have some?"
"You better believe I am!"
What great neighbors we have and beautiful weather - 65 degrees is perfect for a fire.
Then onto the boy's new favorite park to get some play time in....
And some hugs and kisses....
A little monkey'n around!
Teni's favorite toy, and of course it isn't a play structure but the cool bike rack he swears is just for him. Probably cause all the other kids are actually playing on the TOYS!
A visit here just wouldn't be proper without stopping by our Farmer's Market for fresh food and goodies!
And who else but Grandma could buy him his first pair of big boy underwear....
And who else would shove a little extra baggage in the trunk for a rendition of, 
"I like big butts and I cannot lie!"
For Guy's 7th birthday that mom was here for we went to the opening day of Ice Age in 3D and then on Saturday we went to the OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) in Portland.
This month they had a CSI interactive exhibit and it was AWESOME!
This was definitely a place for all ages to enjoy.
A few fun photos....

See, my boys DON'T have the biggest ears....
Drake and Guy were just so happy to have their Grandma here!
Teni was loving the naked hairless rat.
We tried to trick mom into coming closer but she was totally freaked out at the glimpse of it. Guess we won't be getting her one for Christmas..... or will we???
Almost everything was interactive and hands on which had HIS name all over it....
A great timeout chamber....
And no reunion with Eddie is complete with out a whole LOT of teasing!
I think he made up for lost time.
The boys built, designed and tested all day long, until it was time for the Omnimax movie to start!
A great photo outside the museum.
But one of these things is not like the others..... of course!
Thanks to Mom we have a year long family pass and will be back often.
The perfect gift for us!
On the way home we stopped by and picked out Guy and I's Holland Lop rabbits from a breeder. Part of our birthday gifts. They are the cutest little things and only get to be 3-4 pounds. I really do need a farm!

We had a block party for the 4th with our neighbors. Food, fireworks and fun! What could be better?
Although I must admit, Oregon has some pretty sad firework rules. Guess it's hard to compare to watching Green Valley Ranch's show from our back yard in Vegas.
So after a wonderful 9 days spent with one of their favorite people in the world, it was time to kiss goodbye....
And till next time they'll just be hang'n around....
Thanks for always making each moment you spend with my boys memorable and special. You are more then any daughter could pray for. I love you and miss you so much already. 
I'm blessed and better because of you. 

8 comments:

Jerolyn said...

Fun times! Love the "Baby Got Back" pic of your mom the best haha!

Heidi said...

Your mom looks great! That is so fun you guys got to hang out!

Steph said...

That is so awesome your mom could spend nine days with you guys! I'm sure she misses the heck out of her grand sons!

Sia said...

What great photos-- I wish we could have been there!! I know mom had a wonderful time, she really misses you and the boys....and Eddie's teasing ;) It looks like you had a great time. Oh, and LOVE the crotch sniffer pic, Karl and I thought of a million things to post about that photo, all of which were, as your boys say, "not very appropritate."
Love ya!!

Dena said...

Your mom looks so good! If I could just get her to return a call.I know your mom is as glad to have you as you are to have her!

Kristi said...

I know it was hard to say goodbye, but it looks like you guys had a great time and I'm sure your boys will never forget the big surprise!!! and by the way your mom looks great!

Brad and Leslie said...

Is you Mom just the perfect Grammie or what?!

Gini said...

You look fabulous, LaAna. So happy. I know in part it is because your mom is there, but I think Oregon is agreeing with you and your family.