When Eddie's parents were here Grandma Gloria had a wonderful time passing on some of her favorite things to do and some of her knowledge to the boys.
Like her famous home made tortilla recipe and other favorite Mexican dishes.

They had a blast soaking up the time spent learning......
and playing in the dough wasn't that bad either!

Reading books and telling stories about her life was always a favorite too....

And teaching by example that Seagulls don't like BlowPop suckers, no matter how much you chase them with it, was too much fun to watch....

And of course, giving that familiar advise.....
"Don't worry, come here and grandma will kiss it and make it better."

So with all this wisdom shared, I was certainly NOT prepared for the little tid-bit of knowledge my mother-in-law would impart upon my sponge-of-a-3 yr old son.
We were all gathered around our dining room table enjoying one another when Guy started teasing Teni. Now naturally I start in with the whole stop it, knock it off, quit or I'll string you up by your toe nails bit, when sweet Grandma Gloria turns to Teni and says so matter of fact like,
"Hey Teni, say stop it you little fagot."
Oh-yeah, GASP!!!
FAGOT?!?!
"Nooooo! What? No don't say that!" was both Eddie and I's quick response.
Shocked, Gloria looks up and says, "What? That's not a bad word! Eddie use to call his brothers that ALL the time when he was little!"
Where to begin?
Did my mother-in-law just teach my youngest child to say "FAGGOT?"
Gloria then proceeded to tell us how it's not a bad word, she even looked it up in the dictionary....
fag·ot also fag·got (f
g
t)
g
t)n.
1. A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.
2. A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars.
tr.v. fag·ot·ed also fag·got·ed, fag·ot·ing also fag·got·ing, fag·ots also fag·gots
1. To bind into a fagot; bundle.
2. To decorate with fagoting.
Now, in her defense she is VERY naive and a little gullible. I can TOTALLY see Eddie, or one of her boys telling her to look it up in the dictionary cause it's not a bad word.
Well, needless to say I was able to share a little bit of knowledge with her that day....
| Noun | 1. | fagot - offensive term for an openly homosexual mangay man, shirtlifter - a homosexual man |
Clearly she had NO idea about THAT definition!
I am 100% positive that's one lesson I'll NEVER forget......
But I sure hope my boys do.
fagot - offensive term for an openly homosexual man




5 comments:
Oh that is too much! You know they are not going to forget that one... wonder whom she has said that so cause she was mad????
That is too funny. At least you haven't planted really deep roots there yet, since you may be needing to pack up and move to a new town once Teni tries it out with the neighbors a few times.
Ohhhh Aunt Gloria you crack me up!!! That is seriously the funniest thing I have ever heard and I can totally see her so sweet just not even thinking anything of it. I'm glad lessons were learned on both ends and thanks for sharing I needed a good laugh today!!!
Holy Crap that is SO funny! You crack me up LaAna!!!!!!
This might be the funniest story of all time!! You sure do tell it well.
Post a Comment