Thursday, October 16, 2008

Early Warning Signs!

So I'm sure all you mom's are familiar with the infamous "reading log" that our kids get from school. Well, Guy is obsessed with it and has developed a (for lack of a better term) pain-in-the-butt habit of hounding me about it. He worries that:
A. He hasn't read his book aloud enough in ONE day to me, 
2. Wether or not I'm listening with my undivided attention so he gets it all right and
C. If after he has read, whom ever he read to, signed the log!

Well, this obsession has now turned criminal. Notice exhibit A - The LOG....
After returning to school on monday Guy, in a panic once noticing I forgot to sign his log on friday, decides to enter the criminal world of FORGERY! I wonder if the teacher noticed, what do you think? 
So, if you see his wanted poster in the future just remember the day he started down the dark path that is crime - in the 1st grade

Forget the "missing" photo, I think this would make a cute mug shot....

9 comments:

The Ruff Family said...

Laana you crack me up. I miss yall so much..

NivaBetta said...

You can't blame him. He was just trying to compensate for his mother's carelessness. Poor little Guy! Haha!

Jerolyn said...

That is so funny!!!
Laana Littlefield
Laana Littlefield
Laana Littlefield
mom
Laana Littlefield

Carrie and Rodney said...

I really don't think you can tell the difference :) But as a teacher I have to appreciate his desire to do his work and have it done right. If only all kids were like that my job would be so easy!!

Heidi said...

That is so cute he did that!


OK... I was almost peeing my pants when your sister opened the gift from YOU at her shower today!!!That is the funniest thing I have EVER SEEN! I bet you got some for you also!!

Steph said...

LOL! I love that! Such a clever little man :)I also enjoyed watching Sia turn a noce shade of pink after opening your gift. She said she's saving them for Aniva :)

Tiffany said...

Just remember whose fault it is. He did the reading didn't he? Who didn't sign their name??? You could always blame his criminal lifestyle on the stress caused by uprooting him and dragging him far from his friends and loved ones. Another great act of parenting LaAna. :) I have to say, every year that I taught third grade, I'd have some kid try to forge their parent's name on the DREADED READING LOG! It was usually right after we started learning cursive and they didn't think I would notice. I would just sit them down and ask them who signed the paper. They'd say mom and I'd point out that this signature looks nothing like the other signatures I'd seen all year long. They'd usually 'fess up and I'd let them off the hook. But I let them know if it happened again, we would call home together. It didn't happen twice!

Gini said...

The is so stinkin' funny. OMG!!! oh, I am sorry, I mean "Shame on you, Guy".......

{dawn} said...

H E L L O!!!! I am so happy I found you :) Your kids are gorgeous! How have you been, how's things.... Wow, it's been what 9 yrs? ~Dawn