I wanted to share a very unforgettable, very emotional moment that we experienced in church on Sunday during our sacrament meeting. We were all sitting quietly on the bench in the middle of the room as the sacrament was reverently being passed. As the bread made it's way to us I had Teni sitting on my lap because he usually gets excited about getting his own piece. So as he was awaiting his turn patiently (for once) to get his piece, I took one for myself and one for Teni and then passed the tray to Drake. I then proceeded to put the bread up to his mouth when he looked up at me with "that look" and in a silence splitting voice shouts, "GET THAT CORN OUTTA MY FACE!" as he slaps my hand away from him! Oh, I know, I KNOW!!!
What do you do but not look up out of pure embarrassment and shame at what just happened, and that your 2 year old can recite almost every word and song from his favorite movie NACHO LIBRE....
And to make matters worse Eddie tells me that when he took him out in the foyer (just after his "Nacho" scene) Teni proceeded to scold another little boy sitting on his mother's lap for, as he put it " He be naughty, hu Dad? He not be quiet and listen to his mommy. He a naughty boy, LOOOOSER!!!" Then Eddie proceeded to tell our son not to talk like that or to worry about that boy because HE'S being naughty and is going to be in trouble himself. Teni then replies, "But I hap to say dat Dad!" and my 2 year old son turns to the boy and slowly whispers - "LOOOOSER." I know, don't even say it, I'm in BIG trouble!!!




7 comments:
oh
my
goodness.......
hysterical!
I
LOVE
IT!
Im sitting laughing so hard. Isnt it nice to have an overspoken child. One Sunday Caroline was acting up so I was taking her out and she yelled at the top of her lungs DONT SPANK ME MOMMY I'LL BE GOOD. My face probably turned three different shades of red.
Nacho Libre, uh? Nice to see he's connecting with his heritage on his dad's side!! ha ha ha! Good thing he's cute, he can pull it off-- better hope that kid doesn't turn ugly soon! ha ha ha! just kidding!! Love ya!
forgery...name calling...what's next at your house??? Just think, one day you'll recall all of Teni's stunts and just laugh. But I'm afraid you may have a long 16 years ahead of you. Make sure you keep blogging though, I love the laughs he provides!
is there anything your kids say that isn't funny??? talk about a moment of silence!!!
Oh man this is going to be a very long weekend! : ) Please just make sure I have frech toast sticks stocked for Guy, a working Wii for Drake, and Nacho Bribre, french fries, toys, books, soda, juice, a bicycle, a working shower, first aid kit, the red couch, children's motrin and patience for Teni and it should all go well!
Post a Comment