Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Giving Thanks For....

Another new day!

I love reading those chain email letters that remind you of the importance to live more. To relax more. To enjoy the kids more. To forget the house hold chores and play more. 
You know then ones I'm talk'n about. 
They always energize me and restore my desire to let go and just be.
BUT, then I look over at the ever breeding pile of laundry, the bottomless pit of dishes, the dust demons (no bunnies here) in the corners of the floor, the grimy fingerprints on EVERYTHING, the drip marks from boys in their pit stop room, and I think as soon as I get one of these for my life then achieving that level of relaxation will be a heck of lot easier!
So until that day comes I will continue my battle with the laundry, dishes, dust, drips and everything else that sucks more time away from what IS truly important...
my family.
But I will cherish MORE the moments spent with them hugging, laughing, playing, singing, reading, kissing, dancing, chasing, giggling and loving them.
And I will continue to be thankful for each new day that comes, so I can try to spend even just one minute more doing those things that make life Heaven on Earth.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Why as mother's do we care so much about "household" stuff? I am the same way and I really try to not let it get to me but it never works. I am really trying to focus on my family more and not worry so much about all of the stuff that will still be there when I'm done playing. I'm glad that I am not the only one feeling the same way and hopefully we can both play more and clean less.

Heidi said...

It is hard for me to let my house get messy. Don't get me wrong... it is messy a lot, but if my house is a mess, I feel like a mess. Anyway, I look at my baby and wonder how the heck she grew up so fast! I need to cherish the time w/ my kids more, and worry about the not so important things less! Thanks for your wonderful post!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has to worry about "drip" marks. Although mine doesn't really drip, he sprays in a 3 ft. radius! I cannot tell you how many times I have thought of you and your 3 boys and wondered how in the world you do it, because just cleaning up after the one is about all I can handle! I just hope his aim improves as he gets older...

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I couldn't agree with you more!

Gini said...

Very nicely said LaAna. One of my favorite posts of yours.