Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Thankful For this week...

My boys who are willing to do and try just about anything, even if it's a sport that has never been a favorite of mine - SOCCER!
So when we let them choose which sport they wanted to play this season and they picked Soccer above Baseball, I'll admit I was a little bummed out. All I thought was, great we get to sit on the sidelines and watch a bunch of kiddos chase a ball up and down the field, 
Whoop-Dee-Do!
But little did I know that, even though my two kiddos have never played soccer, they would be good at it! Well, good enough to be in the mix on most of the plays and kicking the crap out of what ever was shaped like a ball. Now THAT I can watch all day long!
So I have a feeling my dislike of soccer may change as long as Guy keeps talk'n trash like he's David Beckham himself, and Drake keeps using his strength to muscle his way into the mix (even if he does "hand" the ball sometimes). And besides, what's funnier then watching kids make some pretty hilarious mishaps out on the field???


I could learn a lot from them.

Now excuse me while I go buy some face paint and a bullhorn so I can properly suit up for practice!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

That last picture is hilarious! I showed Greg, but he didn't laugh. I think he cringed!

Registration for soccer begins tomorrow up here. I'm going to check it out for Evan. Greg and I both would prefer baseball like you, but soccer season is first here and they allow four-year-olds, so why not?

Gini said...

Good mama...and don't forget the hairpaint that matches their soccer uniforms so they can spike their hair up with it....cause it just wouldn't be a soccer game without it!!!!

Sia said...

It's no surprise your boys are good at soccer-- it's in their blood, right Eddie? hee hee! (I know, my kids will do something redneck) As for the trash talk and the "muscling" their way in-- that's all Fau!! You're gonna have to video tape some practices and games, there is bound to be some hilarious stuff to watch. Boy, I wish I was there to see them! So, what is Teni going to play???
Love and miss ya!!

Kristine said...

I am so glad you stopped by our blog. It has been fun to catch up on you and your family. We started Curtis in soccer last season. It was a fun, interesting experience. He loved and hated it. Hopefully when he is a little older he will get more into it.
We are still in Vegas. We just moved down the road a little but out of SP and back to shadow canyon. It has been a pretty good transistion. We are now trying to decide what to do next in our lives. How are you guys doing? Do you like it where you sre? I hope so.

Dena said...

Soccer, what fun! I just mae my blog private so send me an email and I'll add you. Sia and Aniva need to email me too so I can add them. dena_hoff@yahoo.com

Kristi said...

I feel the same way about soccer, my kids tried it last year and hated it, but good for your boys and good for you! By the way I would love to see a picture of you with face paint on!!! Hahahaha

NivaBetta said...

Face paint and a bull horn are ok. Once you start yelling "break his leg son" to the boys during practice, then you have a problem! I'll give you a few weeks before you get there or atleast until Teni starts playing.