Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm Thankful for...

the opportunity I have to serve the Primary children in our ward and teach them that they are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. I'm grateful that I can teach them about the Savior's life and example, and that families are forever. I love being able to learn from them and hear their innocent replies to questions, and having them share their thoughts. And every now and then there are those moments that make my calling the best EVER!
Like when I first introduced myself to the Junior Primary kids and explained how bad I am with remembering names because I am getting old. And that I would be 30 this year so my memory is going, and if I didn't remember their names to please give me time. 
Just then a little Sunbeam girl turned to her teacher and in a sad, quivering voice and said, 
"I don't wanna get old!" 
and then burst into tears!
Nice first impression, hu?!?!

So though I hope to help them develop their own personal relationships with their Father in Heaven, they might pick up a few harsh truths about growing old and their new crazy Primary President!!!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Ana, My favorite calling has been Primary teacher! I felt the spirit more in sharing time with those kis than I do in Relief SOciety. ALthough I don't know that I would ever want to be the president :)

Jerolyn said...

THAT is funny...sad and true but also very funny. AND I'm older than you so I can say that!

Gini said...

And I am EVEN OLDER than ALL of you - I can attest that this is true, as well. Funny story!