Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Guy's take....

on the world of Fairy Tales and Happily Ever After:
At parent teacher conference I was chatting with Guy's teacher and as she gushed over what a good student and kid he is (little suck up), she proceeded to tell me about a conversation she and the class had.
After discussing the world of fairy tales and all that implies, she asked the kids about what they thought of them. Now of course Guy's hand shot right up. Anyone in primary has been witness to this every sunday, on pretty much EVERY question. So when she calls on Guy this was his reply:

"Well, I don't really like the way they get married. I don't think that it's very appropriate to meet and say you fall in love and get married right away. They need to date and get to know each other more before they can fall in love and get married."

That's right boy!!! And don't you forget that either! Sounds like he wouldn't be as down with the arranged marriage thing as Drake would though. But at least I have one more tid-bit of information to hold over him when he's older and in love.
Man, am I ever gonna have an arsenal of weapons to hold over them when they get older. Just one of the perks of being a mom.... hey, this jobs gotta have its benefits, RIGHT?!?!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

When he wants to run off to Vegas and get married to some girl he just met, you've got the perfect tidbit to stop him!

Heidi said...

What a good boy! Very smart! Yes, now you have this to remind him!

NivaBetta said...

That sounds like Guy, but I'm surprised that he didn't say that the Girl needed to agree to do the womanly stuff like clean, cook, and stay at home with the kids. Now that's a complete Guy answer.

Sia said...

Way to go Guy-- dont' forget you can't group date until 18 and only single date after your mission :)

Remember when he wanted to marry a "wrestling lady" off tv-- so if he got in a fight she could jump in and use a chair to help out!! Love that boy!!

GHFamily said...

Geez, he sounded just like your dad!