Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mixed emotions....

My little sister just left us yesterday to go back home to Vegas from her visit here. 
And to be honest I don't know how I feel right now. 
I always try to be an upbeat, positive, glass half full kinda gal but maybe it's the weather, or that I have to get back to my daily schedule, or maybe it's just the simple fact that I miss my family.
To see my boys laugh and giggle. To watch them enjoy their aunty, their family, makes me sad for them being so far. As I watched my Guy-Guy's eyes fill with tears after saying our family prayer on sunday and telling Niva how much we enjoyed having her here, my heart broke a little for him. And although I know we made the right decision to move here, and it has been a great thing for us, there is no substitute for family. So as I fight the urge to be a bit sad, I remind myself of the blessing of eternal families.  And am extremely thankful for phones, computers, and airplanes!

Thanks Aniva for spending your time and money to visit us. I so love your company and the memories we've made. So until the summer I'll be happily looking forward to our reunion!!! 

5 comments:

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

I am so sorry that you miss your family. That was us a few years ago while living in Missouri. I missed my family so much! We moved back to Vegas after 3 years of living there(because my hubby was done w/ school.) But I know how you feel.
Just think... only a few more months and you will be here in the 112 degree heat of LAS VEGAS baby! :-)
Miss you!

FYI: that was my comment I deleted... forgot to spell check!

LaAna said...

I find that I'm okay most of the time. It's when family visits that I feel that ache. But I LOVE when they come. Although I do have a feeling visiting Vegas in the dead heat of summer will cure my home sickness pretty fast!!!

Kristi said...

Trust me I know how you feel...I miss my family too and I'm a lot closer than you are. I agree with you about moving though..we are really happy and love where we live and I am grateful for all of those things you mentioned also!!! And I agree once you go visit in the summer you will be wanting to go back to that nice weather:)

Oh and let me know when you are going to be there and maybe I will too and we can see you guys!!:)

Sia said...

I can't put in to words how much I miss you, Eddie and the boys. For more years then I can count your home was a refuge from the storms of life--- I only needed to smell Eddie's cooking and to look into those little brown boy eyes and feel their little boy kisses to know that all was right in the world. Nothing in this world compares to having a 3 year old think you are the coolest person in the world :) And while I miss you all each and every day, I know that the move was what your family needed to grow-- and for that I am gratetful. Love ya sis-- can't wait to see you all!