So I suppose I might have been a little too cocky or boastful about my Christmas shopping being done, and got a little careless about stashing the goods!
I was at Old Navy and found a "must have" gift for Teni. You see, Eddie makes up the cutest stories to tell him about animals. One of these stories is "Charlie the Chocolate Crocodile," which is Teni's favorite, and so I wanted to get him a Charlie for Christmas from his dad. I was kind of in a hurry and shoved Charlie in a bid in our walk in closet.......
So thinking that this would be a sufficient enough hiding place for Charlie to chill, I left him thinking, "Oh, yeah! One more down!"
***This is only a reenactment of the crime***
The official nabbing of Charlie took place right before bed time. I was in our bathroom picking up after my oldest boy (meaning Eddie) when I heard a loud squeal of delight, "CHARLIE!!!!"
Naturally my first reaction was, "What the CRAP? NOOOOOOO! How did you find that?"
To which Teni, jumping up and down squealing with excitement replied, "I fine him Mom, I had to fine Charlie! I LUB him!!!"
(*For those of you looking a little too closely at our closet, NO that is not a trashy magazine, it's a tag to a bra)
Clearly the gift had the reaction I so wanted to see, it just came out of the wrong box and on the wrong day! Teni climbed right into our bed to snuggle with Charlie............
And to hear the tale of the chocolate crocodile from none other then his favorite author and story teller...........
And how could I take Charlie away from that cute face only to shove him back into another dark hiding place?
And to hear the tale of the chocolate crocodile from none other then his favorite author and story teller...........
And how could I take Charlie away from that cute face only to shove him back into another dark hiding place? "Merry Christmas Charlie! MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!"





8 comments:
I think Eddie should write a book! That story sounds like it would be a good one!
That is to cute! What a bunch of cuties! I bet they are the best stories! (I may have to run to Old Navy, and grab me one of those, looks cuddly!)
la ana that is just too cute!!! that teni is one funny kid...
Good job on the gift selection! BTW... I would totally be the one fling undergarments up there if it would mean Dave would acknowledge me! I'm pathetic, I know :)
Aww, what a cute story... seeing that picture of Teni you almost forget he's a little devil----Just like his mama!! I better brush up on my criminal defense work ;)
dedicated a post to you today!
I just wanted to wish you a happy Thanksgiving. I know its hard to be away from your family at this time of yr.. Love you
kimmie
awwwwww......he looks like he is in love!
Post a Comment