Yippee!!! Our first Thanksgiving here in Oregon included my Mom, who was excited to see me, but I know it was all about HER grand babies and making it to their "Grandparents Day" at school. And of course she was not empty handed, as she made 60 orange popcorn ball turkeys for both boy's classes.......
She got to explain traditions from my Dad's culture and her own to Guy's class........
And the best part for Guy (and the little thief next to them) was passing out the GOODIES.........
Grammie was a hit with Drake as well when they played a Thanksgiving game and he got to pass out the treats.I can hardly believe that he made her a grandma 8 years ago! Where does the time go?
It was a day that they will never forget and the fun had just begun as this was only day # 1 (Oh, yeah - it rhymes)..........
In true grandma style, Mom brought up her craft box (more like a suitcase) to paint ornaments for the tree. A tradition she started with Drake and continues today (As you can see Teni is totally comfortable with his masculinity in his pink smock).......
And Auntie Sia and Uncle Karl sent up gifts that were a BIG hit! Thanks Uncle Karl for finding these on your honeymoon, now I can scratch those off my list.........
After a lot of crafts and cooking we dug in for a grand feast, some got into it a little more then others..............
When the grubbing was over it was time to get down to REAL business which meant checking out BLACK FRIDAY ADS...........
So as I put together an extensive list of games, toys, electronics, etc. what I should have put on the top of the list was - O000ooh, I don't know - a couch, TV stand, SHIRTS!!!! Why is it that my boys love to watch our tiny portable DVD player while sitting on the stairs shirtless???? And here I am paying WAAAAAY too much for toys when THIS is what they find amusing.............
Now after 4 days of chatting, laughing, playing, painting, eating and cuddling it was time for the goodbyes till we meet again........
So we sent them off with long hugs, a few tears, and one little boy who was glued to the window as Grammie and Mike (Mom's new "friend" who BTW is really nice) pulled away............
Happy Thanksgiving and I Love You Mom!!!
Now after 4 days of chatting, laughing, playing, painting, eating and cuddling it was time for the goodbyes till we meet again........
So we sent them off with long hugs, a few tears, and one little boy who was glued to the window as Grammie and Mike (Mom's new "friend" who BTW is really nice) pulled away............
Happy Thanksgiving and I Love You Mom!!!




12 comments:
Glad you guys had a fun visit. That last pictures makes me want to cry!
Your mom is so COOL!! That is so fun that she came there to go to Grandparents day!
Your boys are cute on the stair watching the movie... how sweet.
I totally LOVE black Friday also!!!
Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!
I love your mom. Tell her i said hello. Oh can you give me her address so i can mail her a pic of caroline. I need yours too.
How fun to have here there! She looks GREAT! I bet it made the week one to never forget! I am surprised she hasn't moved too! Looks like lots, and lots of fun!
I love moms at Thanksgiving! I got to have my mom this year too...but sadly she did not make orange popcorn balls :(
She did cross stitch with Maggie though. Looks like you enjoyed her visit. I know you miss her.
How beautiful. Now back up - popcorn balls shaped like turkeys???
You took some great pictures! It is so fun to see your mom in pctures! What a hottie :) Glad she could come up for Thanksgiving!
No the popcorn balls were round, she decorated each one to look like a turkey - ALL 60 OF THEM!
I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving and that your Mom could be there with you guys. I think that she is the turkey for decorating that many popcorn balls. The boys are funny on the stairs watching that small DVD player. You got to love them.
I'm so glad you had a great visit- I know mom was really looking forward to it and I'm sure the boys had a great time. I just wish I could have been there!! Karl and I are hoping to make it for New Years-- sorry, no popcorn balls shaped like Baby New Year!! Love ya sis!!
How nice that your mom came and was there to go to the boys' school. I bet they loved that! My mom would have done the same thing. Your mom must miss your boys so much!
What a great blog! It is so nice to see your cute family. Your mom looks great! I know that was a special trip for everyone. I am so grateful to have the girls and their families near us.
Post a Comment