Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Do you remember....

Playing tether ball in elementary school?
Well, Guy has discovered a sport that he isn't instantly good at. In fact according to him, "He really STINKS at it, and even the GIRLS are beating him!"
Now, if you know the sexist little piglet Guy can be, then you know that's a BIG deal!
So after hearing his upsetting version of what happened and how he was being teased cause the girlies were kick'n his butt, it reminded me of my own tether ball story!

When I was at C.C. Ronnow Elementary School my bestest buddy in the whole world (that's right Dawn I'm talk'n about you) and I were playing a friendly match at recess when my terrifying tether ball moment happened.
You see Dawn jumped up after I had hit a bomber and sent the ball whizzing around the pole. She kept jumping as the ball was wrapping around towards the top and some how the rope caught her around the neck and acted as a.........
Yeah, NOOSE! 
I remember her barley standing on her tip toes turning colors as I tried to quickly unwrap the rope. When I finally did get it off she dropped to the ground grabbing her neck and gasping for air. 
HORRIFYING!!! 
Needless to say she had a pretty nasty rope burn for a little while which now, as a parent myself, must have looked pretty bad going out places - sorry Dena and Steve :(
I think it's safe to say that I never looked at tether ball quite the same again.

So Guy, it's OK if you're not the best at tether ball and don't want to play it. You never know, that decision might just save your or someone else life!

Your Welcome...

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That is the funniest story I have ever heard! I never was good at playing tether ball either!

{dawn} said...

Ahh yes, the tetherball near death experience. Who could forget! I remember that day very clearly, and I don't remember a lot of things :) I miss those days, I miss riding back and forth those few streets on my bike as we had lots of play dates, and so much fun! I loved that school, my childhood, and you- my best friend :) Thanks for the walk down memory lane....

Kristi said...

Hey I totally just saw your name on someone else's blog and had to check it out! I love the tetherball story how funny. I'm glad you have a blog now I can see what's going on with my cousins that I never see!!