Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today I'm Thankful for.....

ART.
Art in its many forms.
Be it the work of masterpieces adorning the Sistine Chapel....
Or a single image of a woman recognized all over the world.
Art can be interpreted in so many ways depending on the eye that beholds it.
Even this simple beauty created by a young mind finding his own unique artistic voice....
And though to me, his mother, I saw an image of beauty, life, and love on the paper, I was soon to discover His real intention....
"Look Mom! Look, its a BUTT! It my BUUUMMMMM!"

So yes, I am thankful for art and although the meaning of the piece is not always what it seems, I am thankful for the freedom of expression as well!

6 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

you must be so proud.

Sia said...

Nice-- could be worse, could have said it was your bum! ha ha ha! That devil child is just like his mama!

Gini said...

Totally NOT what I expected. So funny!!!!

Heidi said...

Arielle drew a picture of me the other day, and I asked her who it was... she said it was me, FAT! NICE!!!
Gotta love little kids creativity!

Jerolyn said...

good thing he didn't wanna draw mine or he woulda said "You're too big this year" haha. too funny that Teni!

Ash said...

And what a cute bum it is!