Sunday, February 15, 2009

Nothing Against Valentine's Day

So Valentine's Day came upon me a little too quickly and in the midst of other pressing matters, so no big hoopla this year for us.
Well, of course I took care of the school party stuff - gifts, cards, all the crap that needs taking care of, and the boys goodies as well.
But I had a Relief Society lesson to plan for, my very first time having to teach RS and I was a little nervous to put it lightly. Having always been in primary teaching 50 or 60 kids is a snap, but women who are not as easily impressed by candy or a fun matching game can be a tad intimidating. 
Thank goodness everything went great (prayers answered) and the positive feed back reassured me that being surrounded by kid shows and bodily function jokes hasn't totally ruined my ability to relate to adults. 
Then on top of lesson prep, Teni has been sick since early friday morning until..... well right now! 102 temp, throwing up, coughing, crying, no appetite.... you get the picture. So for the past 3 mights I haven't gotten longer then an hour sleep in a row. Having to give meds every 4 hours and having a constant 2yr old hot-water-bottle body attached to my every move didn't help. 
So when saturday rolled around and Eddie took the boys to their basketball game I took the opportunity to cram my lesson prep in while Teni was sleeping. Then we rented movies, grabbed some heart shaped pizza (thanks to Papa Murphy's) and partied with our neighbor and her boys. Simplicity at it's finest and a perfect Valentine's Day!
As I tended to the needs of a sick child, a lesson and goodies for the boys I think I failed to really tell my husband just how much I love him. There truly is no better man suited for me, who knows me better then anyone in this world and who loves me for all my stubborn, impatient, demanding, crazy ways. The way he loves me should be celebrated all year long. So even though our Valentine's wasn't as romantic or intimate as they advertise, I think it just made me appreciate why I do love the men in my life so much......
So Happy Valentine's Day to what matters most......
our LOVE!

9 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Seriously, that made me want to puke!

Just kidding, you're ever so sweet!

{dawn} said...

I love the pizza, very cute! We always do simple, it's easier when things don't work out like planned :)

OH, actually it's Lowe's, although, male enhancement would have gotten my attention as well :)

Heidi said...

I am glad that your little one is better, and that your lesson went well! We just went to dinner for V-day... nothing to complicated. That is the best way though:-)

LaAna said...

Yeah, well I so spoke too soon! He was sick again last night and had to go to the doctors this morning. We found out he has a double ear infection :(

VivaLasFloyds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gini said...

Perfectly said. And I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who is only wrapped up in the intimate part of Valentines Day - just that way when you have kids. I sure don't mind. Simple is better!

Tiffany said...

"Well, of course I took care of the school party stuff..." Of course you did, only loser moms don't send valentines for their kids to pass out! :)

Sia said...

Hey sis-- congrats on the RS lesson. When you mentioned it I didn't realize you had never taugh RS before! I just assumed you had since you've been called to teach just about everything else (except Seminary, but it's coming your way one day!!). I'm sure you did great and I'm glad you had a nice V-Day. Love ya!

LaAna said...

Ouch! Sorry Tiff, didn't mean to pour salt in you LARGE, gapping wound....