In smaller towns there seems to be a lot of festivals like the corn roast festival, founders day festival, harvest festival, I got-my-new-teeth festival - OK maybe not that one, but I think they need to for those who are missing a few pearly whites - and the art festival which we just attended here in Forest Grove (this hill is right by our house)...
There was a puppet show which Teni loved, but my big boys informed me that they are too grow up for that kind of stuff now. Don't they know you're never too old for talking hand socks. And what would a festival be without face painting? Eddie took Teni while I waited for balloon hats with the other 2. Teni kept this on the entire day and showed it to any and everyone who would look. Why the guy put this on him is beyond me. Maybe he wanted to put the town's "unofficial" coat of arms on someone...
After waiting for about 35 minutes in line the boys finally had their "CRAZY" hats. The man making the balloons was entertaining and funny right up until you got close enough to smell what he was cook'n under his shirt. Lets just say they need to add a "Got a stick of Deodorant" festival to the list. People watching me must have thought I had Tourette's syndrome because ever time he lifted his arms my head shot in the other direction. Let me tell you people, it's not easy to smile and talk with out BREATHING!!! But the end result was well worth it for these two, minus a few brain cells!

All in all I would say another successful festival down - 3 happy little campers, 1 mom with a better appreciation for hygiene, and 1 husband who thinks his wife is a NUT!!!




7 comments:
What!?!? You're having fun without me!!! How rude! Oh, well, I'm glad to see you are mingling amongst the locals and integrating into the social scene. Don't worry, pretty soon you'll blend in and you won't even notice they don't wear deodorant there- it'll be part of the aroma of your town! ha ha ha!! I miss you all like crazy-- can't wait to see you soon! Love ya!
P.S.- I called Karl, he said he's wearing an eye patch.
Laana,
It looks beautiful there. We moved to Tucson and it's even browner than Vegas! Tyler misses Vanderburg terribly and we enjoy reading about your move and seeing photos of the boys!
First off - I always love clicking into your blog and wondering which Jack Johnson song is going to come on. Today was Bubbly Toes. Love that song. Connor giggles everytime I play it. Anyhoooooo. What a fun time! And let me throw a shout out to Miss Lewin. HI EMILY!! (Can't believe you guys all left...who's next??)
Laughing my pits off! Love the stanky story...I can just see you whipping your head back to avoid the stanky~ness. YOU ARE NUTS GIRL!
I can just picture your reaction to the balloon guy. You'll have to start carrying around a stick of deodorant and when the opportunity arises to give someone (like balloon guy) a tip, instead of cash, give them the stick!
Hey girl sounds like you are starting to fit right in with your funk. Can't wait to visit...maybe I will leave my deoderant at home when I come! J/K. Well it looks like you guys are going to be visiting soon...can't wait to see you again. Seems like you just left!
You're pretty entertaining to read! I so would have been doing the head throw right along with ya! :)
Post a Comment