Okay, who knows where the title of this post came from? I'll give you a hint.....
Still don't know! Imagine a pirate ship floating majestically out from behind those rocks and a bunch of boys (plus one superman-shirt-wearing cyclops) cheering. Yup, that's right the classic American movie GOONIES was filmed here on the Oregon coast. This puppy should be right up there with Mt. Rushmore and the Statue of Liberty as a must see national monument!
Thankfully Sia and Karl were with us to enjoy such a sight on a beautiful sunny day. Alright, so this was all part of my plan to coax them into moving up here with us. I had Karl at fishing and hunting, and I think that the Goonie's Haystack rock might have sparked something in Sia!
And Karl and Eddie took a peaceful stroll down the beautiful beach - if you listen hard enough you can almost hear Sia and I crack'n some major jokes right then. I think Eddie is just glad to have another male in the mix so he's not so out numbered by Fau women anymore!
So, although the water is a bit on the chilly side, the coast of Oregon is breath taking. With it only being about 45-75 minutes away (depending on who's driving), we will be spending a lot of time here in the future. Though I was raised in a desert, I'm still an island girl at heart!




5 comments:
SHUT~UP!
we love the Goonies.
Shame shame I know your name!
Sloth love Chunk!
That's why they call you One~Eyed Willie!
ummm, so ya like I said...we've seen the movie a time or two or...twenty!
Jer- you're freaking me out...Beautiful scenery for sure!
La Ana i am jealous the pics look really beautiful!!!! beats the desert look for sure...
very beautiful...
I knew that movie right off! Troy would be laughing if he saw this!
The coast is beautiful. Great shots.
Post a Comment