So our trip began after many a hugs, kisses and tears. Eddie and Karl loaded up the trucks and Sia, the boys and I followed in the Tahoe as our trip to Oregon began...
Now I must admit that the drive up through our home state of Nevada was not one I would ever want to make again. I thought the scenery would never change until we pulled in to get gas, and lo and behold, we found a good ole "Cherry" patch, but I wouldn't want to partake of any of THAT fruit!
And like all things, it was open 24 Hours a day! Sia and I couldn't stop with the jokes the rest of the ride and needless to say, the game was on - we counted 5 more "Lady Orchards" along the way. We both wondered if this was Cherry Patch Ranch 2, what type of class act #1 must be. Good thing Drake wasn't paying much attention, cause I wouldn't want to have to explain that one!
And it wouldn't have been a proper trip without signs of the mysterious phenomenon that is AREA 51....
So, that pretty much wrapped up the drive through Nevada. I couldn't have asked for the boys to be any better (thanks to the DVD player and a variety of gas station snacks), but I will just pretend that it was due to exceptional parenting.




7 comments:
Cherry OOOOOHHHHHH?
THAT
IS
FU
UNNY!
Nice play on words Laana, I am impressed...hahahaha
p.s. I agree with you that the drive through Nevada is totally BORING.
"Hey look there's some dirt..oh hey look there's some more dirt, and if you look over there you'll see some more dirt!"
In that one picture it looked like the Penske was parked at the ranch...were the older boys inside having a slice of cherry pie?! Talk about your roadside snack shops!!! Glad to hear that you made it safely and are getting settled in. Now we have a place to go for family vacations!!!!
Sure Chuckie you can go visit your cousin but not your sister in South Carolina I feel the love...
IM glad you got there safe laana..I hope you settle in alright. I must admit tHE DRIVE through Nevada is very boring..
LaAna--this is Andrew Dixon. Long time no talk. Good to see your family. It's crazy. I think the last time I saw you, you were 12. In any event, good to catch up a bit. I hope you're mom and the rest of your family is doing fantastic. I'll check in for updates. --Andrew
Nice re-cap of the trip Ana! Though you forgot to mention the time Teni kept saying "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom- are you sleeping mom? Don't sleep mom! Look at me mom! Hold my hand, mom! Don't sleep mom! Mom, mom, mom, mom- are you sleeping?" Ha ha ha!! I must say, I couldn't ask for better kids to travel with-- though the scenery was lame, and even creepy at times, it was a fun adventure with you!! Love ya!!
Post a Comment