So it's been almost 3 weeks here in Oregon and things are going well... except for one little Guy who is dealing with a problem called "Home Sickness!" I received a call from his school that he wasn't feeling well due to his tummy (a.k.a. nerves). Now the day before he told me that he had started to cry in music when they sang a goodbye song because it made him miss his family and friends. He also said that he was trying really hard not to let his tears drop at school when he felt sad. Okay, now all you moms know that those are heart breaking words, which of course caused me to worry endlessly all day about how he was doing and if his tears were dropping! So, when I got "the call" I informed her of our current issue. After sucking it up enough to talk Guy into trying to make it through lunch to see if he felt better, I hung up and my tears were trying not to fall.
Well, Guy stuck it out and was doing better after their fundraiser assembly. His tear problem is getting a tiny bit better day by day. I must admit that I can't blame him. I too am a bit home sick for friends and family....
Even this little one, who wants nothing more then to go to the beach everyday, is trying to talk ANYONE into taking him back to "Las Begas!"
He too is missing his aunties, uncles and his Grammie. Every time he talks to them on the phone he asks, "You come see me now?"
So to all of you not here with us, we miss you, we love you, and we can't wait to see you again!




9 comments:
My tears ARE dropping after reading that post and we MISS you guys too. Those tummy aches are REAL. We found that out with the Magster and her nerves last year.
Man that's rough. Poor Guy. Come visit soon.
I know your pain. Evan finally started to adjust to all the "new" in his life. Then over the last few days we have reverted back to being extra clingy and emotional. He even cried when he got dropped off at school today. He hasn't done that in over a week and a half. What are we moms supposed to do??
Is that sister fau? She looks fantastic! --Andrew
I miss you guys too!! I'm reminded of how much I miss the boys every time I go to the store and see something chocolate for Drake, watch a commercial and see a toy Guy would talk about, or pretty cut someone off in traffic and think of Baby Teni's wicked little smile (ha ha ha, boy you need to have another one and not keep him as the "baby" or you are in trouble!!) I can't wait to see you all soon. Love ya!
We felt the same way when we were living in Missouri. It will get easier when you make new friends! Trust me! Your mom LOOKS SO GOOD!!! Good luck!
That is so sad, LaAna.....I always tried to get the kids to understand how amazing it is and will be to have friends all over the place. How lucky they are, don't you think? Maybe if they look at it that way???....I'm sad....
Ok Laana I havent felt homesick in quite a while but after reading your post it made me miss my mommy. I cant believe how good your mom looks. Does she have email. I wanted to write her but i have no address..
kimmie
Thanks for all your support, concerns, and suggestions. I know that this will pass, it's just hard for me to watch him go through it. Today he had a really good morning so I am keeping my fingers crossed!
la ana my heart breaks for your little Guy...he just needs some time to get used to it there and being in school all day is also a BIG change for him. we miss you guys too....
teresa
Post a Comment