Sunday, September 14, 2008

Better Late Then Never!

Okay, we all know that there are lots of things better late then never, like a rebate check, a woman's "special time" of the month and starting school. So when we enrolled the boys in school a few days late we were all a little nervous but READY!
And I think that Teni was either excited to finally get out of the house, or he was happy to leave me a special gift of his own...
Drake and Guy were so brave and strong that I didn't even think about the fact that they were going to a totally new school with strangers, no idea of who their teachers would be, no family, no friends, no clue about where anything was, no familiar anything! (ok, so clearly I have thought about it just a LITTLE) If they were nervous it never showed!
Besides this being the boys new school, that is the only thing NEW about it. It is an old school with a certain "historic" aroma (my attempt to not sound like a brat, how'd I do). Eddie informed me that the smell is common in older buildings where it rains a lot - he's always so diplomatic. 
The boys both really loved their teachers and classes. They loved it so much that at the end of the day they didn't want to leave. When asked what their favorite things were about the school they both replied the lunches and the BATHROOMS! What is it with boys, food and toilets? They talked for two days about the urinals that went all the way down to the floor, and how they could stand in a circle and wash their hands. If I knew that was all it took to make them happy I would've forgot the Wii and all the games, and just taken them to old buildings to visit the urinals! 
All in all, it was a successful first day and week of school, despite missing everyone in Vegas and having major separation anxiety from my family, we are doing well.

7 comments:

Gini said...

No school uniforms, I noticed. How do the boys like that???

LaAna said...

They LOVE it! Guy wakes up and says, "It's free dress day again!" I on the other hand am not a fan...

Jerolyn said...

Did you really move? It's just so wierd to think you really aren't living here anymore.

Anywho the boys look like they're adjusting just fine so that's good...but WE MISS YOU!

Steph said...

So glad you guys are adjusting well! How is momma Fau doing without her neighbors?

LaAna said...

Mom is holding up, but I have had a few tear filled calls already!

Teresa said...

hey la ana i am glad to hear the boys have already adjusted fairly well....gotta love that old buidling smell!!!! miss you guys.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Moving is never easy. And leaving family and friends and the place you've lived for ever even harder! Hope things are getting better.