Wednesday, June 10, 2009

He Who Dealt It.....

I am always thankful for opportunities to teach my boys good faith, character, and moral building traits. Especially this crazy Guy of mine, cause you NEVER know when that opportunity will arise!
Well, I took Guy to the store last night to pick out treats for him to share with his class because they're going to celebrate the summer birthdays today at school. 
It's always nice when I can go with just him and enjoy his company one on one. 

So I was strolling down the isle when he called me over and as I was walking up to where he was I smelled the nastiest, gag inducing odor!
Immediately I turn to him and give him the look, followed by the all to familiar question,
"Was THAT you???"
Now I should have known by the very first look I got....
Yeah, that blank, just busted, don't move of it'll give it away look.
But, he quickly says, "WHAAAT??? Hey, he who smelt it dealt it. No mom,  I didn't do anything!"
After which I ask several more times if he's sure something didn't leak out of the basement (as Drake puts it). He insists it wasn't him so I chalk it up to bad produce or someone else.
Well, we finished up our shopping and headed to the register when whatta ya know, the mystery odor has appeared just as I am getting ready to pay!
Now I look at him and he knows I'm on to his game.
All I can think is the poor people behind us and the checker, who in a smaller town WILL most likely remember my face, and will DEFINITELY remember that smell. So I quickly pay and leave. All I can see is this image of Guy in my head as I stood there dying....
He confessed to the DIRTY deed and when I questioned why he didn't tell me the truth when I asked him he replied, "Cause it was embarrassing MOM!" 
If he only knew just HOW embarrassing it was..... for me!
If he only knew that it's more socially acceptable for little boys to 'bust a grumpy' in public then it is for a grow women to.
Then that opened the door for a nice little chat about how everyone does it, it's a bodily function, but it would be great if he can not do it, or hold it, when he's with mom in the grocery store and there are people around. And if I ask him, to just be honest and tell me the truth so I have a heads up and can flee the area at first whiff.

But how can you NOT giggle along with this face???

And if we're being completely HONEST here.....
there's NO way I would ever own up to THAT either!!!

Aaaahhhh, proud parenting moments and being the mother of boys - it's a CRAZY journey!

6 comments:

Sia said...

Ah, the funny moments!!! Just glad no one passed out :) I can't believe how much Guy looks like Eddie!!!

LaAna said...

I know, I told you Sia, he looks so much like him at this age. Oh, and you just wait till you have moments like this with your FIVE GIRLS in the store - LOL!!!

Sia said...

Hush your mouth!!! 5 girls?!?!?!?! You must have me mistaken with Aniva ;)

NivaBetta said...

Ummmm NO I will not be having 5 girls! And it's your turn Sia because I already have a little girl who thinks "busting grummpy's" is the coolest thing! She has competitions with her father!! Yeah.... gross!! Please pray that I have a son!

LaAna said...

Now, now ladies! There's more then enough girls left for the both of you...... I took ALL the boys!!! LOL

Dena said...

You should be a writer, comedy of course. I remember two little girls who would be in the bedroom, sharing sounds and laughing...hmmmmm. Could that of been you and Dawny? Oh yes!