Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just another day at the beach....

This past weekend was the annual sandcastle building contest at Cannon Beach (better know for Haystack Rock - a.k.a. Goonies Rock). So we loaded up the kiddos and hit the road for some time in the sand. 
Guy was thrilled that we could drive right onto the beach....
The boys loved picking through the sand for broken shells. Although I wanted to keep going instead of stopping every 2 FEET to look at busted up, not worth our time, you have a million AWESOME ones from Samoa and New Zealand - SHELLS! 
But how do you say stop to that excited face???
Finally, back on track....
I must say I was amazed at the skill level of the artists. And I thought that all sand was good for was getting into every nook and cranny of the human body, and for laying on to get a nice golden tan.
Eddie liked the balls on this one....
Loved this one....
Drake and Guy both couldn't wait to retry their sandcastle skills after this.
These last two were pretty impressive....
WOW!
So with greater appreciation for talented artists and a new outlook on sandcastles, we headed back...
And of course you better look out once Eddie gets a hold of the camera cause he loves to take what he refers to as "life shots" which really means crappy photos of me!
And the time I actually want him to take a photo of me and the boys look what I get....
HELLLLOOOOOO - We do have legs and feet! And what's that in the corner? The ghost of Cannon Beach? Oh, and this was the BEST one he took of us. Needless to say, he is good at a lot of things but photography ISN'T one of them!

So, here's to another thing done on our list. Who knows, maybe we'll try the naked bicycle ride through Portland next!!!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

hey do they really have a naked bicycle race through portland? Maybe that's portland's little bit of Vegas!!!! Miss you my friend

LaAna said...

Oh they do Teresa! And I'm think'n I should sign you up early, well you and Margie! Hope all is well there. I miss you guys more then you know. There's no body like my momma friends....

Gini said...

I would love to see this! Oh my gosh. Anything on the beach is fabulous but this had to have been spectacular!!!! WOW.