Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today....

is a good day, a day of memories and laughs, smiles and dimples.
It is my dad's 60th birthday (or would have been).
After 4 years of his birthday coming and going, I still have so much to celebrate this day. His life was full and rich. His words still rest upon me like it was yesterday that we sat at the kitchen table and talked. 
Though my eyes can't look upon him, I feel his love around me. So until that day when I hear his voice and see those dimples smiling upon me, I will cherish our memories together and the gift of dreams where we still meet and laugh and talk.

Happy Birthday Daddy.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Your dad was the coolest! Happy birthday bro. Fau.

Sia said...

Ever the poetess-- great job sis. It's nice to know that when I miss Dad the most I can turn to my siblings and see him there. Love ya!

Bob & Mary Keiser said...

Your dad was a great guy. Always a lot of fun to be around. He would be so proud of you and how you are raising your boys.Hard to believe it is 4 years. We have lots of fun memories of him.~M~

NivaBetta said...

That was a great post Sis. I keep thinking what we would have done if he were still alive for his
60th birthday and then I realized we would have done what we always did... eat! Haha! I miss him.

LaAna said...

So true Niva, but what's wrong with that???