You know you've finished a great sunday meal when everyone is ready to relax and enjoy a peaceful afternoon. Maybe a nap, a good book, your favorite show or game, whatever your heart desires to observe the day of rest!
Well, after your enjoyment is had you peer over at the kitchen sink where there awaits a sink full of dirty dishes left over from the earlier feast. Now you are ready to tackle the basin of leftover residue and murky bubble water, and sometimes, just sometimes your hubby jumps in to help.

Now if you're anything like me, who has a "thing" about getting the dishes clean, you wash them before they go into the dishwasher just to ensure maximum cleanliness. Which means by the time I'm done pre-washing the dishes all of the gunk has collected at the bottom of the sink.

So the dishwasher is loaded, the sink empty and I find I have broken a slight sweat! Now here at the end of my chore lies the pay off, the one thing that I like about this tedious job,
but wait....................
Eddie, with his single contribution to the process, asks if he should flip the disposal switch.
I quickly but calmly answer, "No, that's okay."
To which Eddie says, "Here I can reach it."
Again I reply, "NO, no not yet."
Oops, too late, the switch is flipped!!! All my hard work of scrubbing down the drain (literally) with a loud grinding noise.
"Awwwe! I said No babe."
"Sorry, what's the big deal I was right here by the switch?" he says.
"Because that's my FAVORITE part!" (Yes, I actually said that with a straight face)
"Really? REALLY! Sorry didn't know you liked it so much...." he says.
In the world of chores sometimes it's the littlest of things that make the job worth doing, like watching all the leftover grime and gunk go down the drain! Sometimes we have to find the silver lining in such mundane activities to make them worth while!




11 comments:
OK, I need to know...What's the silver lining when doing laundry, especially the folding and putting away part? I absolutely hate dealing with the laundry once it is out of the dryer!
This made me giggle....."your favorite part" I know exactly what you are saying!
Laundry - hum, it would have to be taking out the pretty colored lint!
See, you can find the silver lining to ANYTHING!!!
I agree Sis!!! My favorite part is cleaning out the lint trap! No with the dishes I would have to say wiping down the the edges of the sink after the dishes are in the washer.
That is funny...I like doing that as well.
Isn't that the truth.... I love to flip that little switch too!
LaAna and Aniva,
You are welcome to come clean the lint trap after you've folded and put laundry away at my house anytime!
You are so funny LaAna! I thought that the story was going to end with him flipping the switch... and you saying that your hand was down in the disposal when he turned it on!!!
I am glad that it didn't end that way:-) I hate dishes, and laundry also!!!!!!
Fun story! I likethatoo,whenyou're left with just the clean empty sink!
Hey LaAna! Are you in Oregon now? How do you like it? And what are you doing there...I assume it is all on your blog. I will try and keep up better.Hey I am pregers again! LOL Yes flipping the switch is the BEST!
And you thought you were alone in your flip switching delight! That is a great feeling when you know all that yuck is going down the drain.
Post a Comment