***WARNING: 1st Christmas not with family or friends so this WILL be a little long!
It all starts on Christmas Eve!
And before Santa could come,
there were things that needed to be done...

Carrying on our tradition of opening one gift the night before,
and what do you know, these two never seem to remember what that gift ALWAYS is......

That's right boys! Your Christmas PJs.........

Smile Drake! Do you remember NOW????

But a gift is still a fun thing to tear open to this little man,
even if it is just jammies.......

He likes them.........

Do they look ready for the festivities?
I think so!
Now since daddy was called out restoring power on the coast he missed our tradition of a "simple" dinner representing the Saviors birth. Which, thanks to Dominos still delivering in the snowy conditions, we were able to partake of and I didn't have to worry about a mess to clean up after.

Once our meal was done, Christmas movies watched,
stories read, songs sung, prayers offered
and kids tucked snug in their beds
there was only one thing left for me to do - EVERYTHING SANTA!!!

So after doing the "Milk & Cookies" thing and the trimmings under the tree,
I got a surprise call from Eddie letting me know he was doing okay
and might be home in the morning - my new Christmas wish!

And at 5:00 am in the morning my wish came true!!!
So Eddie got an hour and a half worth of sleep after working 22 hazardous ones,
and then it was time to celebrate.
Drake got to open the first gift of the morning which began a new tradition for our family.....

Missing my Dad and wanting to remember him and the true meaning of Christmas, I wrapped up the pieces of a nativity he had given me for Christmas a few years before he passed. Each time the boys opened one of the pieces everyone had to stop and quietly listen as that person said what gift they would give back to Christ this coming year. The boys really enjoyed it....






And keeping with another tradition I surprised my boys with NBA tickets to see their JAZZ play the Portland Trailblazers!
And that kicked off the gift opening for the hubby......

He got his JAZZ gear and a few special gifts like a 3 generation photo of his grandpa, him and his first born......

This next gift needs a little explaining.......

A few weeks ago Eddie was asking Teni where his baby sister was.
Yea, that's right! You can guess what I said to that!
Well, he has always said that if we had a little girl he wanted to name her Theresa after my mom and his only sister that passed away shortly after birth.
Okay, as sweet as that is it doesn't change that fact that I'm DONE!
Anywho, so he asks Teni where she is and Teni says,
"My sister is at the store! I go buy her for you.
I go to the store and by Theresa for you OK daddy!"
So what do you know look what Eddie got for Christmas, his THERESA!!!
Now, on to my boys!
Drake got his Razor Ripstick and other fun goodies from "Santa"
and more Wii games......

And clothes......

And sports stuff......

And of lets not forget about his GUITAR HERO......

Now for my Guy!
Santa brought his Mongoose CRUSH bike,
new helmet and other goodies......

And his RAZOR Powerwing scooter........

And a few more Wii games.........

to melt their minds......

Do you think the boy likes um?????

And last but not least, Teni's Santa gifts! Diego scooter and blocks.......

Put down the cup son!

All he wanted for Christmas was,
well as he put it, "My Diego toys, Yo Gabba Gabba toys and my Guitar!"

Can't forget Nacho......

And thanks Auntie Sia and Uncle Karl
for the giant shell from their honeymoon to Fiji.
Hey look mom, you can hear the ocean -
or is that my ear drum being punctured form these spikes?
Very cool, not exactly kid friendly, but cool!!!

And finally that guitar he wanted!
If you look closely you can see he's added some of his brother's Guitar Hero stickers to his!
Nothing says Little Tikes toys like a skull and flames!

So that's it folks!
Time for me to clean up,
Eddie to catch up on some rest
and them to ROCK OUT.....

It was indeed a Very Merry Christmas! All our love and prayers to you all and have a Happy New Year!!!




4 comments:
Loved this whole post. Jeter looks so cute. Glad Eddie made it home for Christmas day ~~though I'm betting he took a serious nap later on!!!
What a wonderful Christmas!! I love the new family tradition. I'll have to remember that one for when I get a family! Karl and I sure did miss you guys this Christmas, hopefully we'll make a trip to see you soon. As for the shell, yeah, sorry-- I didn't realize it was so spikey. Karl got it and it was already wrapped before I saw it and sent it up!! Love ya!
Ooooooo.... I totally thought the Theresa doll was a big announcement:) glad you got your man back in time for the morning festivities. We had to leave town cause I couldn't do another Christmas alone. It's hard without family... I feel your pain.
Sorry Steph, no announcements from me!
I know if anyone can relate to missing and worrying about one's hubby, it's you! Our prayers for you and Derrick this holiday and till he comes home.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment