With this snowy weather comes a great opportunity to bake and decorate sugar cookies with the boys! After realizing that I'd made a few dozen too many, it was time to do the neighborly thing and take plates of Christmas goodies to spread a little holiday cheer.........

Being that I did the baking, decorating, packaging and clean up, Eddie sweetly volunteered to brave the snow and deliver the yummy treats to the neighbors.
One of our new friends even had a set of her own sugar cookies ready to send back with him. Told you, baking weather here!
Now is where the story gets a little hairy. After sampling the returned offering I turn to Eddie who had one as well and ask the obvious question, or statement should I say,
"Mine are better right?"
Can you guess what HE said??????

YES, the unthinkable! You might think after almost 11 years of marriage (January 10th)
he would know what the "proper" response to such a question would be, right?
NOPE!
He says, "I like hers better."
I know, I KNOW.......
That is like saying his mother knows best,
or that his favorite sport is ice skating,
or that he prefers the "Super model" body type!
Crazy, right?!?! You never tell your wife that you like another woman's "sugar cookies" better then hers - that's just a given.
I love this man to death, but I might be making a call to get his MAN CARD revoked!!!
Or better yet, this is some weather to have an "accident."
Tis the Season!




8 comments:
OH, my....what is he? NUTS? He (and all husbands) must NEVER EVER DO THOSE KINDS OF THINGS....E..VER.
I can just hear Eddie's voice saying it... Maybe you can play dumb and pretend he was just teasing you... but I can just hear the sincerity in his voice... I like hers better... my, oh my...
BTW, you guys were married on my mom's birthday, Jan. 10. We were married on May 13th. I'm thinking that's your mom's b-day, isn't it? Funny!
Eddie 3 words...Thin Ice Buddy!
Did her cookies look like the photo you posted? Cause those looked good! ha ha ha! But seriously, I think I'd move back to Las Vegas with a comment like that! Oh, the insult!! Forget Oregon, you could live in my extra room and the boys could live in the garage? What do you think?
la ana i am sure he said it with
L-O-V-E...right?????
A neighbor brought over sugar cookies and I asked Tyler whose sugar cookies were better and he said "your cookies are better" Gotta train them young!
So now the dog is sleeping in your bed and Eddie is outside?...
Post a Comment