Thursday, December 11, 2008

What's wrong with kids these days?

Remember the good old days when you were afraid of "real" monsters? 
Your blood thirsty vampires, or rotting corpses, or saliva dripping werewolves.........
I don't know if it's the images they see on TV or in movies, or if it's just a sign of the times, but what's wrong with kids these days when this is what wakes them up in the middle of the night?

Now, The Grinch I can kind of get behind! You know, cause he is kinda creepy! And the idea that he might be breaking and entering while you're sleeping is just disturbing.

(This was Drake's when he was little & Guy's sometimes NOW)
But COME ON! 

How can they possibly be afraid of this lovable guy? 
Just look at those big black eyes and that wide toothy grin! 
And just knowing that all he wanted was a good dentist 
and an interior design degree is no reason to fear him! 
(Guy's when he was little)

No way, I refuse to accept this one............
This however, has to be my favorite "monster" of all my boys! 
Teni will come running out of his room yelling,
 "Hangin is trying to get me!" 
I swear, I just don't know where he gets this stuff?

Although, I wonder if it has anything to do with me threatening to send him to the orphanage to meet the Head Mistress.......... 

NAAAAAAH!!! 

1 comment:

Sia said...

The Grinch one I can see. He's creepy and I've never been a fan of the movie over the cartoon. The 'bominable snowman, hmmm, that's a bit of a stretch, but it could be the halting way he walks in that claymation style. And Hanigan, well, she is mean to dogs! I just think it is funny that Teni finally found a bully he's scared of, being one himself! Of course, I don't know where he gets that dominant, bossy, 'who do you think you're talking to' attitude from.... ;)