Tis the season for us to reflect on the blessings in our lives, the people who mean the most, the magic of the holiday, the gift of the Savior's birth and wishes for the ones we love!

So I was sitting on the couch this afternoon with Guy and we were talking about different things, like the snow outside, school being out and the true meaning of Christmas.
You know the little moments that make being a parent totally worth it!
Then later on Guy and I found ourselves back together on the couch and we were
chit- chatting when he looks at me and says,
"Mom, I kinda wish that Teni couldn't see."
To which I replied, "WHAT? Did you say you wish your brother was BLIND?"
"Well, then he couldn't climb on me, and take my things and punch me."

So, let me see if I understood him. Guy's wish this year was that his little brother was BLIND, without sight, life in the dark, cane, seeing eye dog, dark glasses, dotted books, etc for this innocent (okay, that's clearly taking it too far)
little monster................

Clearly it's time to have that talk about the TRUE meaning of Christmas all over again, because that's not the kind of WISH I had in mind!!!




5 comments:
I am CRACKING UP! What a great story LaAna. How great that those kinds of stories intertwine with the stories of why we celebrate this time of year. Gotta love the kids to do that for us!!! Love it.
Aaaahhh sounds like conversations at our house too :)
Oh my gosh!!! That was HIlarious!! Pour Guy-Guy :( I couldn't stop laughing! What Guy doesn't realize is that if Teni was blind he would be even worse! HaHa!
As a victim or tyrannical younger siblings, I can totally relate to Guy...my sympathies to the little Guy, stay strong nephew! :)
Kids say the strangest things!
Post a Comment