Monday, May 4, 2009

It Hits Home....

So the H1N1 'Swine Flu' has hit close to home here in Oregon.
There is a school in the city next to us that has a probable case reported, and so the Washington County Department of Health & Human Services recommended the closure of our school district as a precaution.
Now naturally this news gets an array of different reactions from the community, ranging from panic to overreaction, from down play to what's the big fat deal? 
Clearly there are reasons for concern and I want my children's health and safety to be the priority of everyones judgment calls. 
I also realize that fear and panic cannot over take us as well. With the common flu killing thousands of US citizens each year and the information we currently have on this H1N1, I must prioritize my level of concern. 
So with that being said I have tried to educate myself with this flu and come up with some of my own reasonable steps to safe guarding my little ones and my self - starting with the most informed and realistic form of defense and a "What NOT to do" if you will.....
So, be assured that I will be reviewing the proper etiquette for minimal germ spreading with my boys. You know, the cover your mouth with your arm/elbow when you cough or sneeze, use a tissue and dispose of that tissue properly, wash you hands regularly and 
absolutely, 
under no circumstances 
are you to 
FRENCH PORKEY! 

So we'll be home tomorrow, and the next day, practicing our non-contaminating methods and hoping that others are doing the same. 
So from one Hot Spot to the next,
Good Luck, 
Good Hygiene and 
Good Night!

8 comments:

Dena said...

That piggy kiss just gives me a shudder when I see it :) Hope all is good there. We are looking to have hot weather today...99 degrees.

NivaBetta said...

Thank goodness you told me that I was taking every precaution except that one! I hope David understands! HaHa!

Chuckie said...

Verry funny. Thanks for the insight.

Steph said...

The swine is coming for you :) great photo!

Jerolyn said...

aaaaahhhhh...blech....shiver...gag!

Heidi said...

So that's how you get the pig flu!! HAHA!! That picture is so funny!

Kristi said...

Seriously groooosssss!!! But pretty funny, I hope it doesn't reach you guys!!

Gini said...

That was so flipping funny!!!!!!! I love it and I love your humor. You crack me up. Stay healthy by the way!!!