What a wonderful weekend we had.
The weather was gorgeous and absolutely PERFECT for the boys' last soccer games.
First was Drake's game....

He had a blast and did awesome especially for it being his first time playing soccer.
So with goodbyes and high 5's it was so long Mustangs!

Then on to Guy's last game.
The boy is a natural competitor. He never took it easy and loved picking out the other teams best player to go against. The coaches think it would be good for him to play up a level next year due to his "SKILLZ," as he puts it.
Not too bad for his first time ever playing soccer either.

So after his 5 goals scored and a fun season he said howdy to the Fire Balls!

Now this brings me to the title of the post.
You see, at Guy's game Eddie and Drake were right next to the field kicking the ball back and forth.
That's when it happened!
The moment I would give my left.....
finger for to have seen.
Eddie went to kick the ball and after making contact with it,
slipped,
leaving the air,
both legs off the ground,
vertically flying....

WHAAAM!
And I missed it.
Needless to say he didn't come in right away, even though he had a grass stain where beneath lay a HUGE strawberry, scrape and lump on the side of his thigh. Once he did return he asked if I heard everyone laughing?
No, was my reply.
Then he retold his ego crushing story.
I can not believe I missed a moment like that. I would have given him a standing ovation right there on the field.
Once we returned home and I saw the injury for myself I truly realized the severity of what I had missed.
After laughing, I mean lovingly taking care of him, I vowed that once I left this world and passed on to the other side I would be reviewing my life's "TiVo/DVR" and I would see that moment for myself.
It's times like these that make you realize just how much you love someone...
and their hilarious bloopers!
One man's pain is another woman's pleasure.




5 comments:
That is funny...no one caught it on tape?! Would love to see it, I think that redeems me in your Mom's pool.
ha ha ha! Just thinking of it makes me laugh!!! Eddie is ALWAYS teasing me about spraining my ankle (which I haven't done in years...knock on wood), now I've got one on him! I'm glad he is okay, though!
That is kind of funny:-) It would be even funnier if someone got it on tape...hehe
About the BIG HUGE flowers. I am WITH you on down sizing! You will never see my girls with a flower pot on the top of their heads!!
I love the way you tell that story, too funny even though Eddie probably wasnt' laughing. I am glad he is okay, but too bad you didn't get on tape you could have won 100 grand!!LOL
That is hilarious! What a bummer you missed it!
Post a Comment