Friday, May 29, 2009

Not exactly Samoa, but we'll take it!

The boys have be dying to go to the beach and play in the sand, so when Memorial weekend rolled around we hit Cannon Beach for some fun in the......
well, shady sun!
Teni was the MOST excited about going and building sand castles.
I LOVED that he was wearing himself out!
And of course when I said 'the boys' I was including Eddie....
Drake always watching his dad, 
Guy always watching himself so he can be photographed!
And as usual, Eddie was the last man sanding ;)
Loved the little fresh water stream running to the sea.
And who but mom would think to warm them up in a sand wrap.
PEACE!
My little pigs in a blanket....
And despite the 65 degree weather there at the coast (in May) my boys hit the ocean running....
But do you see something wrong with this picture?
Like the lack of ANYONE else in the water!
I walked in and my ovaries shrunk up!
Talk about FREEZING, but they didn't care. And me being the responsible, concerned parent.... let them play till they were red and almost hypothermic. That'll teach them to listen to their mother when see says don't get too wet, the water is really cold! 
You should have heard the thanks & I love yous I got when I bust out the extra warm clothes I brought to change into. 
At least my reserve son listened.....
FOR ONCE!
And luckily Eddie didn't get to wet cause no extra clothes for him!
(Hey, I'm his wife, NOT his mother)
I love this picture of him. 
So here's to the beginning of many more days of summer to be spent on the beach, and though it's not the shores of Samoa, we still love it!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You are so lucky! I am way jealous! Looks like you guys had fun even if it was a bit cold! The best part is that you can go back when it is warm!! (and you don't have to drive for 5 hours, and sit on the LA freeway to get there!)

Kristi said...

Looks like fun, I love the pictures they are so beautiful.

Sia said...

Looks like you all had a great time!! Wish we were there :)

Gini said...

Awesome story, LaAna!!! I just love the beach - even on the off days!! I am so excited to see more of your adventures there, especially when the warmer weather comes.