Friday, May 1, 2009

There's NO Way!

I don't care 
what I have
how bad it is, 
what I feel like,
what I LOOK like...


There is NO way I can be sick and just REST.


When I'm sick the boys still need to eat, have clean dishes and silverware, clean clothes, help with home work, taken to appointments, practices, someone to be a referee, someone to listen to whatever they FEEL is important to talk to me about, a playmate for a 3 year old - you get the picture!

So I have neither the time or luxury of being sick.
Now perhaps this is what has always helped me to not be sick often - 
because who can actually BE sick when you have kids???

(Now before I go on, my hubby does a wonderful job helping me when ever I'm under the weather, but he goes to work and can only do so much. Thought I better throw this in cause he does read this! Love you honey.)

So today as I am still feeling icky and all I want to do is sleep and wallow in my own self pity, I am haunted by the pile of laundry that is breeding, not to mention all the laundry I still need to put away, Guy's appointment later, Primary stuff that needs to be done, an early morning game tomorrow and the ever fun bills to pay!

(Sniff, sniff, sneeze, cough, cough, bloooow)

Well, I better drag myself into a hot shower and start with the positive thoughts and glass half-full attitude.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I am SO sick also! I just want to rest, and that is what the doc. told me to do yesterday... I just laughed at him! He thought that I was crazy, but it is true. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE SICK. When you are sick it seems like the kids are 10x as bad!
(no I am NOT pregnant.)

I SURE HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON!!!

VivaLasFloyds said...

oh dang, you got the swine??

Gini said...

Good Luck.

We need a back-up Mom to come in and take over when we are sick. It seems like stuff piles up twice as fast for some reason!