You know how it's said that Hymns are prayers too.
Well, last night we were saying our family prayer before the boys went to bed.
Like always Teni wanted to say the prayer,
so we let him.
Now, he started off just fine thanking Heavenly Father for the day, his brothers, the prophet and missionaries, but that's when the tone changed and he broke out into.....
"Rise'n up, back on my feet! Took my time, took my chances!
It's the EYE UP THE TIGER, it's the fight!"
(OK, so he changes the song a little, but we'll cut him some slack since he's 2)
Now, I'm think'n three things.
First, I don't believe this counts as a hymn just because he interjected it in the middle of a PRAYER.
Second, I'm sure that Father in Heaven has a sense of humor and might even laugh a little at him too.
Third, it's time to limit the amount of Guitar Hero he "plays" and time to kick up the nursery songs.
I should've got a clue on sunday when he was singing The Steve Miller Band's
I'm a Joker during sacrament.
And naturally it was the chorus part of the song in his own words,
"I a joker, I a 'moker, I a midnight 'oker!"
(If you know what the chorus is then you'll understand my dismay)
I do love his personality and even his choice of songs isn't to bad either but his timing....
just a little off!!!




6 comments:
I tell you, he is a mini-version of his Papa Fau!! Just wait, pretty soon he'll be singing James Brown songs. I sure to miss that nephew of mine!
He is such a goof~...I guess a midnight 'oker is better than a midnight toker! haha. I think Teni needs to pick the songs for me to put on my IPod. He has good taste~
For 2 yeasr old he sure has good taste in music!
better put that kid on american idol i bet he'd make it though the audition round :)
Little boys kill me. My kids know every word to 'Roxanne' by the police....'you don't have to put out the red light!'. Horrible.... but soooooo funny! Especially when the Bishop's daughter (Gary Winder's kiddo) is singing it with my daughter (whose dad is Gary's 2nd counselor). Definite blackmail material!
I am laughing my BUTT OFF. Everything around here relates to Guitar Hero World Tour in some way or another lately! Too funny.
Post a Comment