Thursday, January 1, 2009

To Use or Not Use.....


After cleaning up all the Christmas mess and then moving on to the New Years Eve mess, you might think I would welcome a little help wouldn't ya? 

Well, I was cleaning up the kitchen (for the millionth and ONE time) concentrating on the floors when I noticed my rug by the sink was in need of some attention. So seeing that Eddie was standing there admiring my cleaning skills, I figured I would share the joy and ask him if he could 
"please shake out the rug for me."

I should've known that his "Sure" reply came a little to quickly for there not to be cause for concern. 

You see, as I was focused on getting the crumbs that congregate in all the corners cleaned up, I failed to notice that my hubby hadn't moved very far to "shake out" the rug. 

Oh, no - he was standing right in the same place where the rug was 
SHAKING IT OUT 
onto the floor!!!

Alright first of all, WHAT THE CRAP???
And second, I COULD'VE DONE THAT MYSELF!

Yeah, where do you go from there? 
I turned and, in a calming angelic voice (yeah right), questioned his actions. 
He, in all his manliness, looked back at me totally clueless and replied, 
"WHAT? You're already cleaning the floor, so what's the big deal?"  

We are still debating the "whys" of this one! 
But at least we laugh about it.............. until that life insurance kicks in!

Gotta love the dynamics of men and women.

****FYI - This ISN'T my "Thankful For" post of the week!****

3 comments:

Gini said...

Your husband needs to just stay out of the kitchen, is all. There is something about a woman and HER kitchen.......her clean kitchen and the method she uses to get there.

LaAna said...

Gini - I would totally agree to that, BUT if he did we might all STARVE, so I'll just limit that to cleaning time!

Brad and Leslie said...

Hey girl! I have been meaning to leave a comment for some time now. The holidays always screw me up! Your family is adorable, and the post you did about your dad made me get all teary. He reminds me of my big teddy bear - minus the accent. :) It looks like you guys are all settled in up there! I love that part of the country. Good choice for a re-location. I'll check in on you often and I'll be better about actually commenting!