Monday, January 26, 2009

My Thankful post for this week.....



Friday night was Movie Night at the boys school. 
They played Kung Fu Panda, which amazingly enough, I had never seen.
So we all packed into the gym with folding chairs, blankets, goodies, drinks and not expecting to hear or see much because lets face it, a room full of elementary kids and sugar...... EXACTLY!!!

Anyhoo, the boys squatted with friends on a blanket and Eddie and I sat in chairs at the back (best to keep a little space incase your kid does something embarrassing - then you can deny knowing them).
To my surprise we were actually able to see and hear most of the movie with no sugar induced uprising of hyped up kiddos.

Then towards the end of the movie Eddie whispers to me,

"You know the Panda was originally supposed to be a gator." 

"Oh, really?" I replied

"Yeah, but they didn't think it would be appropriate. Master Panda sounded a lot better ."

"Hu????"

OK - wait for it............ I did the same thing!

Turning to him I see this mischievous grin, and then came my out burst of laughter...

"MASTER GATOR"

So, as colorful as his humor can be, I am thankful for laughter and surprises. No matter what shape or form they may come in. Life is too short not to laugh and enjoy the ones you love and their sometimes distasteful humor!

4 comments:

Gini said...

LMAO!!!! Too funny. Leave it to the guys...

Brad and Leslie said...

Sometimes distasteful? My life wouldn't be the same without this kind of humor! You go Eddie! Keep 'em comin'!

Ash said...

I can't stop laughing! Good one Eddie

Steph said...

That sounds like a Derek quip! Good times...