Thursday, January 8, 2009

Recipe for Popularity....

A BOY....
A COCONUT.....
And a Star Student week! 

That's it, all ya need to gain popularity and 
approval of your fellow classmates....

 Well, according to GUY, that is!

This week Guy was chosen as the Star Student and has been taking in items that tell more about him and his favorite things.

Today he took in a coconut and a cup made out of a coconut from our trip to Samoa.

When I arrived to pick up the boys, there was a small group crowded around Guy.
My first thought was, What did Guy do or say now to get such a response?
 And was Drake going to have to bail him out of this?

Then I realized they were all looking at what he held in his hand.
Once the boys noticed I was there they hurried in and Guy had a huge grin on his face. 
I barely got out the all too familiar sentence, 
"So, how was school?" 
when Guy blurted out, 
"GREAT! Can I take this coconut everyday?"

"Well, probably not. Why?"

"Cause this is what makes you POPULAR Mom! 
Everyone wanted to see my coconut today. 
All the kids, even the 4th graders wanted to look at it. I'm SO popular!"

Ahhhh, but if life were that simple 
we'd all be whipp'n out our coconuts to be liked!!!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Small town kids are sheltered, aren't they. Never seen a coconut... Tell Guy to hide it away and bring it out only when he really needs it, like special powers.

Back to one of your older posts, I was watching Jon & Kate plus 8 today. She was cooking and started freaking out when her husband decides to shake the rug in the middle of the kitchen with her open pots of soup. I immediately thought of you and Eddie. So funny!

LaAna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LaAna said...

I tell ya, Guy thought he was the MAN today! But next time he'll break out the" big guns" with a desert cactus!

Oh, and can I just say...THANK YOU TIFFANY! That was one of my points as to why NOT to shake out the rug in the kitchen, in the exact spot it stood! Oh well, another of the great mysteries in the world of men and women.

Sia said...

Guy's not the only one to have that idea, I think some women think they can be popular by whipping out their coconuts! ha ha ha!

Jerolyn said...

Last time I whipped out my coconuts I got arrested haha! Guys so cute, I like the way that kid thinks!

LaAna said...

I'm sure the last time you whipped out those coconuts was when you were "Officer Naughty" right? Bad Jer, very BAD!

Gini said...

Jerolyn is never going to have a costume that EVER comes close to that one in popularity. Speaking of popularity - I need to head down to Albertsons and get me a couple of coconuts......