Memories of Girl's Nights Out....

and lasting friendships....

A mother who defines the word "Grandma"
and sets the bar for the meaning of a "Mom"....

Siblings who understand why I am the way I am,
and for new additions to the family....
(Hint: one of these things is not like the others - Karl)

And for finding pieces of my Dad in them,
and for yet another soon-to-be member of the family
Welcome David!

For 3 brother in laws who I love and can always count on,
and for Lanny who is a strength and joy to his family....

Cousins who are there through thick and thin,
and to raise a little... well, you know!

For sister-in-laws who share in the "joys"
of being married to a Littlefield man
(You know what I mean Gina & Wendy)

Time spent in their company....

Always thankful for a family who see you for what's inside....

And for cousins though divided by the sea
there is a bond the moment you meet....

For my Uncle Sale in Samoa who looks a lot like Dad
and who cares for us just as deeply....

For a brother/uncle that I miss so dearly
and have left a piece of my heart with in the islands....

For the moments spent meeting my uncle's family
and remembering times passed....

Celebrating new arrivals for the youngest of Dad's brothers...

Grateful for Eddie getting to know Dad's family
and understanding a little more why I am ME....

For the love of Uncle Tufa who though calls New Zealand home,
always has a place here in my heart!

Forever thankful for my Auntie Ana's spirit
(half of my namesake)
and really understanding why my Dad loved his sister so much....

And for all of my beloved family in Samoa, New Zealand, Australia....

Las Vegas, Texas or where ever you reside,
I am eternally grateful for those family and friends
who have been apart of my life in any way.
I am thankful for you
and am blessed to have you!




7 comments:
Laana that was a BEAUTIFUL post! I enjoyed every bit of it. All of those people(including) me are lucky to have you in OUR lives. You are such a great friend and I MISS YOU GIRL! I miss you and your chapstick!
What a great post Ana. We love and miss you guys.
Nice blogs sis-- Love and miss ya. Alofa,
Sia
That was truly special. It will certainly bring a smile to all those reading it that you cherish. Oh and by the way - I think I want your uncle to be my uncle too. He looks so sweet and gentle. Like my uncle was.
I always enjoy reading your blog every morning. It reminds me that even though we are far away in distance, you are still my best friend. I love you Sis, and thanks for including my husband to be ; )
I do have the best Uncles and they would gladly take you in Gini.
I'm glad you enjoy it Niva. It helps me feel like you are all still right here in my little world with me. We are excited for you and David to start your new life together!
Oh and Jer, I still have that Chapstick in my purse. What a night! Miss you guys too.
Post a Comment