Thursday, January 22, 2009

Of Course It Would Be Guy.....

Asking the question that makes a parent flinch.

So we were all sitting on the couch together watching some show when a commercial came on about a 15 or 16 year old being pregnant. 
Guy turns to us and says,

"So Mom, you mean you can get pregnant and have a baby at FIFTEEN?"

Caught WAY off guard and not in the frame of mind to go into details with Guy, my 6 year old, I did what any responsible, loving, honest parent would do........

I totally pretended to not hear the question and started talking to Eddie!

He didn't ask again.

Thank goodness for 2 things:
 His short attention span and a few more years until I have to get into those details.

7 comments:

NivaBetta said...

That is really funny!! Just so you know I'm taking notes!

Gini said...

nice one!

Ash said...

Good one Ana!

Sia said...

That's okay, he's a smart boy. I'm sure he'll remember the question at just the right time-- you know, in primary or some other equally compromising situtation. I can just see it now, Guy sitting all innocent in his 1st grade class and the teacher asks "Does anyone have any questions?" and Guy raising his hand and asking "so, is it true you can be 15 and pregnant?" Or better yet, right after sharing time in primary!

VivaLasFloyds said...

I gotta agree with Sia on this one. He's gonna remember and pick a wonderfully funny time to ask it again! I just hope there's a video rolling to capture your face when it happens!!!!

LaAna said...

Thanks guys! Now I'm thinking of a way to bring it back up so those scenarios DON'T happen.......

Steph said...

Girl I had the full blown version with Zack a couple of months ago! He was more uncomfortable than I was... In fact he asked if we could stop talking about the subject, Good times :)